6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 10:46 PM by Gopal Mohanty

Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.

Smita Ithape
      Share This:

Hi All,

We are on  ITSM version and patch = 7.6.04 patch 2,our maitainnace schedule notification is not working.

not able to see any notification(from AR System Email Messages) being sent when the schedule supposed to send the notification in it.

Kindly help me on this to troble shoot.

1 On the Asset Management console, from the navigation pane, choose

Functions => New Schedule.

2 In the Schedule Criteria form, from the Schedule Type list, select the appropriate

schedule type.

Maintenance ScheduleUse this to establish a periodic maintenance schedule.

If necessary, you can create several maintenance schedules for a CI. For

example, for the printers at a site, you can set up one schedule for changing the

toner and another schedule for restocking the paper.

ESC-AST:AVI:SendNotification is sending this notification

Thanks,

Sam

• 1. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
          Jon Hall

Sam

I'm looking into this for you to see if there's any known issue.

Have Support taken a look at this for you?

Thanks
          Jon

• 2. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
            Rohit Roshan

Hi Sam,

We probably are hitting defect SW00375882/ SW00275536. The defects are mentioned to be fixed in 7604.

if you are already using 7604 then we need more info to investigate further.

To start with ‘Next Scheduled Date’ should be automatically populated. Is it happening with the customer environment? Are the records being created on the join form ‘AST:Schedule View’?

Server side filter+escalation and client side active-link logs would be required to find the exact cause of the issue.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Rohit

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
              Smita Ithape

Hi Rohit,Jon

Thyank you very much for your response customer is already on ITSM 7.6.04 sp2.

Rohit can you please put some more focus on next schedule date which record should be there in AST:Schedule View?

Thanks,

Smita

• 4. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
                Smita Ithape

Hi team,

I want to know when AST:Schedule View  form gets open while creating maintainance schedule and its notification.

Can you please help me in this?

Thanks,

smita

• 5. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
                  Smita Ithape

>I have verified Escalation and Filter log provided in earlier email communication I able to see that
                  Escalation is fired properly and if we check filter logs

/* Thu Jul 05 2012 17:00:14.7100 */     <Filter Level:0 Number Of Filters:196> Checking "NTE:NPC:CreateNTS_NoBusTime_590_PNTS`!" (590)
                    --> Passed -- perform actions
                  0: Push Fields -> "NTE:Notifier"
                  >               Pager Message Numeric (1000001005) = 1
                  Pager Message Alpha (1000000927) = The asset with Asset Name Radio_MIXER1 is up for maintenance/audit on  7/10/2012 12:00:00 AM
                     Pager Notification (1000000856) = 1
                       Email Message Body (1000000827) = The maintenance for Asset Name Radio_MIXER1 is scheduled for 7/10/2012 12:00:00 AM.
                  Email Subject Line (1000000826) = The asset with Asset Name Radio_MIXER1 is up for maintenance/audit on  7/10/2012 12:00:00 AM
                  Notification Text (1000000820) = The maintenance for Asset Name Radio_MIXER1 is scheduled for 7/10/2012 12:00:00 AM.
                        z1D NTI ID (1000000793) = NPC000000058509
                  Remedy Notification Method (1000000755) = 1
                    Notification Event (1000000751) = 118000
                        Remedy Login ID (1000000581) = ncs_luisg
                  Request ID02 Ticket (1000000205) = Radio_MIXER1
                  Request ID01 System (1000000204) =
                  Form Name01 (1000000101) = BMC:BMC_AssetBase
                        Internet E-mail (1000000048) = ncs_LuisG@mediacorp.com.sg
                  Source_Instance_ID (300032100) = RE5CF3FC4B2F1AOpgGTwe6PQTQfyEp
                         Lookup Keyword (230000009) = BMC_EQUIPMENT
                       Locale (160) = en_US

also i am able to see that particular record has been pushed in to NTE:Notifier Log can you please check those records with Event Type and Notification type?it should be there if it is please let ud its screenshots
                  ->Its Notification Text (1000000820) = The maintenance for Asset Name Radio_MIXER1 is scheduled for 7/10/2012 12:00:00 AM.

• 6. Re: Notification for Asset Maintainace Schedule is not working.
                    Gopal Mohanty

Hi Smita,

I have some query on this like to whom this notification is going , is it a person or group and if we not providing any person in AST:Schedule Creteria form in notification details while creating Maintenance Schedule to whom it will notify.

For me notification is not working if i am not providing any person, i would like to know about in details .