3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 5:48 AM by Stefano Guidobaldi

Compliance rule on spfile.ora

I'm dealing with a problem in creating a compliance rule that states if my Oracle spfiles are acceptable or not.

Problem is: on the same host, I may have different Oracle DB Instances with different names, so in my $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory I will have, for instance, spfileINSTANCE1.ora and spfileINSTANCE2.ora.

From BL Console, I need to create a compliance rule that checks inside these file if a certain row is present and, if it is, that its value is a certain value.

Because of this, I need to parse spfiles as configuration files (I checked nspv.gm grammar and it works) but I can't use wildcard * to tell BL to treat all spfiles in dbs directory as configuration files. I also tried EO, but wildcard still seems to be not accepted.

Going the other way, I inserted, in my Component Template, dbs directory, including all files that starts with spfile (so, include list is spfile*).

Once I discover using this template, I still don't get my spfiles. In addition to that, using this way I don't know then how to create the compliance rule to check the lines I need to check.

Help is most appreciated.