2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 2:01 AM by Gerhard Knop

How I can get Information about FibreChannelData on VIOS

Gerhard Knop

In the "Config Object Dictionary" I found the Server Object "BMC_IBM_VirtualSystemsEnabler.BMC_IBM_Cloud_Fibre_Channel":

ConfigObjectDictionary.JPG

But I couldn't found the corresponding data in the life-browse in bladelogic of our VIO-Servers. I need this information for example to deside which FC-adapter is connected to a fabric and how many ports (aports) are free for each FC-adapter.

How can I see this data in the baldelogic console? Is there an blcli-command to get this data?

• 1. Re: How I can get Information about FibreChannelData on VIOS

Hi,

We currently do not display the information like which FC-adapter is connected to a fabric and how many ports (aports) are free for each FC-adapter. However there is one blcli which is available since 8.2.x which will list few details. The blcli is as follows:-

Blcli -v <name of profile> -r  <Role> Virtualization listVirtualEntitiesByEntityManagerServerNameAndEntityType <Name of the frame>  ManagedSystemFiberChannelHBAPorts

This blcli will list down the details in form “VIO Server::Storage Location”.

Thanks,

~Sujit..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How I can get Information about FibreChannelData on VIOS
            Gerhard Knop

Hi,

thank You for this hint. I tried this command, but it is only the half the way. I got only the list of HBA’s e.g.:

VIO Server::Storage Location

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_81:fcs2

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_81:fcs2

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_81:fcs3

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_81:fcs3

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_81:fcs4

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_81:fcs4

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_81:fcs5

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_81:fcs5

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_82:fcs2

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_82:fcs2

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_82:fcs3

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_82:fcs3

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_82:fcs4

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_82:fcs4

VIO_Prod_82::VIO_Prod_82:fcs5

VIO_Prod_81::VIO_Prod_82:fcs5

but I really need the parameters like the VIO command lsnports give:

name             physloc                        fabric tports aports swwpns  awwpns

fcs2             U78AA.001.WZSHKT2-P1-C5-T1          0     64     64   2048    2048

fcs3             U78AA.001.WZSHKT2-P1-C5-T2          1     64     64   2048    2046

fcs4             U78AA.001.WZSHKT2-P1-C1-C3-T1       0     64     64   2048    2048

fcs5             U78AA.001.WZSHKT2-P1-C1-C3-T2       1     64     64   2048    2046

Best Regards,

Gerhard

*******************************************************************************

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten

haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.

Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht

gestattet.

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email

in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material

in this email is strictly forbidden.