1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2012 10:08 AM by Rohit Nayyar

BL8.2 Automation Principle failing

When I create an Automation Principle and attempt to use it as method to push out agent installation via Agent bundle, I see the following error messages from the deployment job:

Warning    Jul 31, 2012 5:17:28 PM    Remote host authentication 1 of 1 'SSH' failed to validate against server '' due to: Invalid username or password when connecting with user 'grcsadmin'.

However, looking at the host itself, I see entries in /var/log/messages that show a successful login from the BL Application Server (.121):

Jul 31 21:05:23 lnxbl01-test sshd[8890]: Accepted password for grcsadmin from port 36633 ssh2

Jul 31 21:05:38 lnxbl01-test sshd[8890]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user grcsadmin by (uid=0)

Jul 31 21:06:08 lnxbl01-test sshd[8945]: Received disconnect from 3: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail

What is the last entry indicating?  Google search says it because password authentication isn't enabled for SSH.  On the target host, the following line exists in /etc/ssh/sshd_config:

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!

#PasswordAuthentication yes

#PermitEmptyPasswords no

PasswordAuthentication yes

Do I need to be using keys and passphrases instead of password authenctication when using Remote Host Authenications for ssh + su.