Ok, so you do not want to do a tuner administrator to run scanner service. In that case you can automate the process through scripting. Create a batch file that would perform the below actions
1. Collate the workstations which have not reported to the database since long.
2. Use tuner admin commandline to connect to these workstations and update/start the scanner service on them.
You can run this batch file from the BBCA console server through a scheduled task and set a schedule as per your requirement.
In tuner administration You dont have to start the sacnner service one by one.
You can follow this steps to start the scanner service in many tuners at the same time:
- In tuner administration, select "Manual entry" in "Specify tuners using:" field
- In "Host Name and Port" paste the list of tuners, for example:
- Select "Scan machine" in "Select action" list field.
This is a manual way to do this but as Adil said you can do it automatic using a script
Best way to do this to do with Deployment Manager and schedule it. Have use deployment manager?