2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 9:41 AM by vijaya saradhi

RHEL Patch Analysis Job failing after every 2 weeks after Catalog Updations

Sorry if the caption to this post is wired .....

Situation....

RHEL (all versions 5.5 x64 & 6..0 x64) Analysis jobs are failing every 2 or 3 weeks.

I need to update the catalogs, though not requrired, then Analysis will be good.

Business Policy is - No Automatic Catalog Updates.

My understading is : Patch Analysis Job should come out good, unless the last Catalog Update Failed. Please correct me if I remember wrongly.

Ex: I updated the catalog on May 24 ... Analysis jobs run good till June 8th ...and failed on June 8th again I have updated then till June 14th Analyisis jobs run good.

Here I exepct after June 8th update... my analysis jobs should not fail...untile, if next Catalog update failed, but befor I go for Catalog update the Analysis jobs failing and forcing me to runupdates, though I don't want to Update in real.

This Failure is happening every 2nd or 3rd week after the Catalog updated... I could not find any information in KB with the ERROR in appserver log.

AppServer log shows the below Error: for Analyisys Job

[18 Jul 2012 16:40:49,057] [Job-Execution-0] [ERROR] [mfnu:BLAdmins:] [PatchAnalysis] Failed to create job workitems, Error: Missing expected job run for job id : 2002280

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Missing expected job run for job id : 2002280

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.job.jobrun.JobRunServiceImpl.findLastRunByJobId(JobRunServiceImpl.java:301)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.model.job.jobrun.JobRunServiceImpl.findLastRunByJobId(JobRunServiceImpl.java:267)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.startJobExecution(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:1022)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvent(JobExecutor.java:414)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.processEvent(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:265)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvents(JobExecutor.java:263)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:116)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

[18 Jul 2012 16:40:49,266] [Job-Execution-0] [INFO] [mfnu:BLAdmins:] [PatchAnalysis] The job 'analysis-2015111-Analyze and Patch Newly Deployed RHEL 5.5 x64 Server2012-02-20 16-16-29-450-0500' has failed

[18 Jul 2012 16:40:50,879] [Job-Execution-1] [INFO] [mfnu:BLAdmins:] [Patching] The job 'Analyze and Patch Newly Deployed RHEL 5.5 x64 Server' has failed

any clues or suggessions would rescue me...

please communciate to vijaya.ivaturi@aig.com or isaradhi24@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

• 1. RHEL Patch Analysis Job failing after every 2 weeks after Catalog Updations

I think you may have opened a ticket on this as well, but this particular information was not included.

You are correct - you need to have the last successful catalog job run for the Analysis to work, but in 8.2.x, the Catalog Jobs are more forgiving and if they fail for something basic, then the previous catalog state is preserved.

Based on what I read here, it sounds like:

Failed to create job workitems, Error: Missing expected job run for job id : 2002280

.. is for the Catalog Job run. It looks like you may have deleted your catalog job runs (even if the actual catalog is successful), so the Analysis Job needs to validate that your Catalog is good, and it's doing so by checking the last job run of the Catalog. If it's missing, then you get the error. Then you ran the Catalog Job again, get the successful run, and the Analysis starts working again.

Validate that when the Analysis Job fails, you have no Catalog Job runs preserved.

If so, then find the process that does it and prevent it from deleting the Catalog Job runs.

• 2. RHEL Patch Analysis Job failing after every 2 weeks after Catalog Updations

Thank you Lazar,

I am checking my Cleanup Job Script.