3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 1:53 PM by Lou Troise

Authenticating and executing BLCLI from Control-M

Hello All,

I'm attempting to use Control-M to execute some blcli commands.  The way I've implemented this is, I have created a small nsh script on the BL app server that the Control-M agent calls.  That nsh script takes a couple parameter options from Control-M, then runs a blcred and a couple blcli commands.

I hit a wall at the authentication portion at the very top of the script:

#!/bin/nsh

blcred cred -acquire -profile defaultProfile

[then a few blcli calls]

The blcred command returns the following:

SSO Error: No authentication profile has been successfully loaded. Single Sign\

-On connections require a valid authentication profile.

Error in Initializing RBAC User and Role (SSO Proxy)

Network Shell can be used for local access

username: username: username: username:

If I hardcode the blcred command to have -username and -password switches, I then get the following:

Error in Initializing RBAC User and Role (SSO Proxy)

Network Shell can be used for local access

Do you want to accept the following X509 certificate from "service:authsvc.blad\

elogic:blauth://.....blah blah....

I've tried using blcred with serveral different auth profiles and they all fail, each starting with the error:

I can get the script to work if I've already manually authenticated & cached creds.  It bombs out when executing via Control-M, which is impersonating a local user account on the BL app server.

Does anything immediately stick out that is wrong with this situation?  I've seen other example scripts on these boards, and I think I'm doing something fairly identical to those examples....but my outputs aren't making sense to me.

BL 8.1.03

Thank You!