2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 12:13 PM by Aditya Sharma RSS

Fresh Enviroment Installation Implemenation

Chris Stewart

I have a requirement for 3 Mid-Tier's and 3 AR Servers (want in server group) or more to be built in a VMware environment this is a new isntallation.  Looking for the quickest and support way of doing it.  They will have ITSM, CMDB, KM, SLA installed as well.

Can I build out one Mid-Tier or AR Server and then clone them in VMware or do I need to build one and then another.....?

When building a server group what are all the required componets to be installed on all the AR Servers?

Do I need a seperate server for email, since I have to load Outlook on it for MAPI? So now I need 4 Ar Servers with one being for email?

What about flashboards, do I need another seperate server or can I load this on the origianl 3 AR servers?

What about AIE, do I need another seperate server for this?

When do I put then in a server group?

I have been looking for a build guide that will show the steps to accomplish this, but the install guide does not tell you specifically this kind of information.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Fresh Enviroment Installation Implemenation
    Laurent Matheo

Can I build out one Mid-Tier or AR Server and then clone them in VMware or do I need to build one and then another.....?

Cloning "could" be done if your Vms are linux but to be honest I wouldn't recommend it...

When building a server group what are all the required componets to be installed on all the AR Servers?

Well just install all components on all servers.

Do I need a seperate server for email, since I have to load Outlook on it for MAPI? So now I need 4 Ar Servers with one being for email?

What about flashboards, do I need another seperate server or can I load this on the origianl 3 AR servers?

What about AIE, do I need another seperate server for this?

When do I put then in a server group?

First of all, be aware that if you install Email Engine in x64, it won't support MAPI.

Then I guess you could dedicate one of your ARS server to "admin / heavy" tasks.

Please check this example:

In this one the 3 ARS Servers are in Server group, but one of them isn't accessible by users. The ARS3 is "dedicated" to heavy and admin tasks, for example sending emails, AIE, CMDB, reconciliation and so on...

Now you could have two ARS servers "outside users access", one could be FTS indexing + mail + amin operations, one for AIE and reconciliations... Depends on your needs... If you have tons of AIE jobs or reconciliation for example.

test_visio2.png

I have been looking for a build guide that will show the steps to accomplish this, but the install guide does not tell you specifically this kind of information.

The only documentation I know of is the official one:

BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 7.6.04 Installing and Configuring Server Groups

http://webapps.bmc.com/support/faces/az/prodversion.jsp?prodverseqid=187798&ic=0

There are also a couple of threads in the communities

• 2. Fresh Enviroment Installation Implemenation
    Aditya Sharma

Hi Chris,

BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 7.6.04

Installing and Configuring Server Groups

Above guide have all the information for Server grouping.

Regards,

Aditya