0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 10:31 AM by Alex NameToUpdate RSS

Update Service Target Measurement Status

Alex NameToUpdate

Dear Gurus,

Does anyone know if it is possible to update the status of a Service Target Measurement?

For example, we have SIM Service Targets that retrieve the status of the Service from models in SIM. There are cases where the Service is offline in BPPM for a period of 1 hour however part of this time could be a false downtime that should not be measured as Missed Service Target in SLM.

Using the "Modify Measurement Data" it is possible to update a record from Missed to Met. It is not possible though to update a specific period; for example if I have a Missed status with Start Time at 26/06/2012 12:00:00 and Stop Time at 16/06/2012 13:00:00 I want to consider as Missed only the first half hour (12:00:00 to 12:30:00).

In the Service Targets Dashboards under the Related Measurements area, I see a calculation of SVT Status every 5 minutes. A possible workaround would be to update the measurement status of every 5 minute interval (i.e. from Missed to Met), however I am not sure if this is feasible and how this 5 minutes measurements can be accessed.

The same query applies also to the scenario where I need to update a Status from Met to Missed, because there are cases that BPPM was not able to monitor a downtime of a service and needs to be included in the SLA compliance report.

Our environment is as under ITSM 7.6.04 SP1.

Thanks,

Alex