2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 8:42 PM by Bill Robinson

capturing the correct component DBkey

I have found a problem in my scripts where, once multiple components are created against the same template ID and server ID, then I can not see a logical way of selecting the correct component in order to assign more than one property value.

To explain in more detail: So assume an evironment where 1 component exists and is "bound" to an existing server.

Scripts create a second component from the same template and bound to the same server.

Once I have created the component I have the correct component DBkey

push a single setPropertyValue command which the in turn updates the component property value

run getComponentKeyByTemplateKeyAndServerId to get the updated DBkey but this is where it will fail because there is no way to know the correct index value of the new component.

The only option I can see is to use getAllComponentKeysByTemplateKeyAndServerId and then for each one run componentKeyToName till I know I have the correct component, but seen as there could be 20 components mapped to a single server then this is convoluted. 

Any unreleased?  Any good suggestions?

An extract of the code:

create_component ()

{

blcli_execute Template getDBKeyByGroupAndName $InstanceTemplatePath $InstanceTemplateName

if [ $? != 0 ]

then

fatal "\nUnable to find the Component Template :  $err"

fi

blcli_storeenv INSTANCE_TEMPLATE_ID

blcli_execute Server getServerIdByName $TARGET

if [ $? != 0 ]

then

fatal "\nUnable to find the target Server ID :  $err"

fi

blcli_storeenv SERVER_ID

##########

#Create the Instance Component

blcli_execute Component createComponent "Instance: ${_ApplicationName}_${_Environment}($TARGET)"  $INSTANCE_TEMPLATE_ID $SERVER_ID

blcli_storeenv COMPONENT_ID1

blcli_execute Component applyAclTemplate $COMPONENT_ID1${_JBossUser}_ADMIN_DEFAULT false

blcli_execute Component setPropertyValue $COMPONENT_ID1 _JBOSS_APPLICATION_NAME${_ApplicationName}

if [ $? != 0 ]

then

fatal "\nUnable to set the Component value _JBOSS_APPLICATION_NAME :  $err"

fi

blcli_execute Component getComponentKeyByTemplateKeyAndServerId $INSTANCE_TEMPLATE_ID$SERVER_ID 0

#IT WILL FAIL HERE BECAUSE THE INDEX OF THE COMPONENT I NEED IS NOT 0

blcli_execute Component setPropertyValue $COMPONENT_ID1 _JBOSS_ENV${_Environment}

if [ $? != 0 ]

then

fatal "\nUnable to set the Component value _JBOSS_ENV :  $err"

fi

blcli_execute Component getComponentKeyByTemplateKeyAndServerId $INSTANCE_TEMPLATE_ID$SERVER_ID 0

}

• 1. capturing the correct component DBkey

FYI I can get it working using

getAllComponentKeysByTemplateKeyAndServerId and a for loop that compares the name of the component to the component I am looking for.  Not exactly eloquent.

blcli_execute Component getAllComponentKeysByTemplateKeyAndServerId $INSTANCE_TEMPLATE_ID$SERVER_ID

blcli_storeenv COMPONENTKEYLIST

for KEY in $COMPONENTKEYLIST ; do

blcli_execute ComponentcomponentKeyToName $KEY

blcli_storeenv COMPNAME

if [ "$COMPNAME"="Instance: ${_ApplicationName}_${_Environment}($TARGET)" ]

then

COMPONENT_ID1=$KEY

break

fi

done

• 2. Re: capturing the correct component DBkey
            Bill Robinson

So what you want is a command that can find the dbkey by template, server and instance name ?    or something like that?

Would be a good rfe…