What version of DB2 server are you using is it 9.5 or 9.7 and I hope this is 64 bit?
May I know the client version as well ?
DB2 client - 9.7patch5 64-Bit, DB2 server - zOS 9.1
Sorry for the dumb question, that means you created an OBDC link to the DB2 database? Using windows ODBC manager?
We did not manually went and creaed an ODBC entry.. When DB2 is installed, guess it creates and uses the ODBC connection which seems to have some problem (Just a guess, I am not sure. I want to know if anyone can help me on this).
I know that at ARS installation we had to create a connection with DB2 but I didn't try AIE with DB2...
Perhaps it doesn't like x64 client...
We also have DB2 here (Windows ARS and DB2 9.7 x64 on AIX), if you tell me how to configure / do an example with AIE connecting with DB2 I could try here.
I'm sorry to ask you this, but I don't know anything in AIE, that's why...
- That would be a big help!!
- 1 You will have to install DB2 client on the machine where you have AIE installed.
- 2 Login to this machine > open command prompt > Navigate to AIE installation directory “D:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore\aie\service64\bin”
- 3 run this command ….. db2helper -ax <AR Server> -ar <PORT> -al <RemedyAdminLogin> -ap <RemedyAdminPwd> -da <DB2ALias> -dl <DB2User> -dp <DB2UserPwd> -di <DB2Instance> -t
- Let me know what you get…
- Thanks a lot J
Same error you have.
I tried to create an ODBC source (microsoft ODBC) using the Windows ODBC handler but it didn't help.
The weird thing is that if you create a microsoft ODBC connection, you can test it (connect button) and it works (I mean, ODBC, not db2helper).
*****The weird thing is that if you create a microsoft ODBC connection, you can test it (connect button) and it works (I mean, ODBC, not db2helper).*******
Same is true with here
Did you try opening an issue with BMC support? Perhaps they "just" need to rebuild the db2helper tool.
I had an issue opened with BMC but they could not help much because we are on DB2 Server zOS-9.1.
We have DB2 client on 9.7 fp5 but BMC needs both DB2 Server & Client to be later than 9.5 in order to support it.
But I think you are on the right versions and stiil facing the issue... not sure where to go after this
I see. Well you can tell them you have someone who can test in:
Windows DB2 client 9.7 x64 and database beeing 9.7 x64 (on AIX).
I guess if they solve it "for me", it'll be working for you as well.
If they / you agree on this it shouldn't be a problem for me to send logs or whatever is needed
- The first thing they will ask is to have a webex and probably we will have to wait for their replies for 2-3 days or sometimes a week if they escalate it to their backline.
- --- doesnt sound good..
- I am planning to write a web service if this does not take me anywhere and stay quiet
I dont have an option to upgrade the DB2 server to 9.5 at this moment
I am sure as you are that if they resolve your issue, mine will be resolved