Do you have routing between the vlans?
If so, there is no need to dual home. put the pxe and your dhcp server on vlan 101, and that should be it.
I am working on the routing now- Can you help me be sure what ports I need communication on?
What I have right now is this:
- 1521 - Oracle Database Port
- 1433 - TFTP Port (Not sure about this one, but it's listed in the communities, we can possibly go without it if we need to)
- 9840 - Authentication Service
- 9841 - Application Server Service Port
- 9836 - Registry Port (used to distribute jobs)
- 9831 - SSL Port (for the BMI callback)
- 4750 - RSCD Agent Management Port
is there a firewall between the vlans ?
you need 1521 or 1433 from pxe to the db server - depending if it's oracle or mssql respectively.
you need 4750 from the appserver to the targets
you need 9831 from the targets to the appserver
you shouldn't need to worry about any of the other ports.
We don't have a firewall but we only want routing for specific ports in order to keep our network communication capabilities as minimal as possible.
As always- Thanks for your help and I'll let you know the outcome.
If you are only allowing certain ports across then it’s effectively a firewall. ☺
Brandon Gillis wrote:
"Thanks for your help and I'll let you know the outcome."
Did it all work out OK? Can you please mark any helpful or correct responses accordingly - thanks!
Thanks & Regards,
Jim (Forum Admin)