12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2012 8:50 AM by Lazar NameToUpdate

New Patch Catalog Analysis Job Failing

russ mcdowell

3 app/console servers, Windows 2008 R2 64 bit, SQL 2005 back-end.

One of the app/console servers is also my file server.

Recently upgraded to 8.2.sp1 and am unable to import new machines currently though that doesnt seem to be related to this.

Today I created an Adobe & Flash patch catalog to test expanding the patching role of BladeLogic - to date we've only used BL for OS patching.  In setting up the Adobe & Flash catalog I copied the settings for my Windows catalog - each catalog has own location set up on file server, this is an online repository and filter is set only for Adobe and Flash

Windows Helper Server Location=//fileserver/D/Patch_Catalogs/Win/adobe/tempdir

Repository Location=//fileserver/D/Patch_Catalogs/Win/adobe

Network URL Type for Payload Deployment=Copy to Agent at Staging

Network URL for Payload Deployment=//fileserver/D/Patch_Catalogs/Win/adobe

First time I ran the analysis I saw about 50% of the systems come back as failures (other half worked as expected) with this error message:

STDERR: Error: 80004005 Downloaded Cab file 'C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD//tmp/WindowsCatalog_28059_111_admontite/hf7b.cab' is not trusted.

A subsuquent run of the same analysis job and I find this in the appserver.log

[12 Jun 2012 11:50:31,840] [Job-Execution-4] [ERROR] [pmcdor01@EDC.DS1.USDA.GOV:P_BladeLogic_PRD_Windows_NITC_Roles:] [PatchAnalysis] Failed to create job workitems, Error: Error creating file location on file server Palau (Caused By: JNI fileExists '//Palau/D/BLStorage//patch/analysis/34718' failed:: Connection timed out)

com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.util.BlException: Error creating file location on file server Palau

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.createFileserverLocation(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:1499)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.startJobExecution(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:1038)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvent(JobExecutor.java:437)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.processEvent(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:288)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.JobExecutor.processEvents(JobExecutor.java:291)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:116)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.job.execution.JobExecutionThread.execute(JobExecutionThread.java:25)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: JNI fileExists '//Palau/D/BLStorage//patch/analysis/34718' failed:: Connection timed out

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.file.AppServerFileUtil.fileExists(Native Method)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.file.AppServerFileUtil.mkDirs(AppServerFileUtil.java:378)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.analysis.AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.createFileserverLocation(AsyncPatchAnalysisJobExecutor.java:1485)

Any ideas?