14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 6:29 AM by jesus diaz RSS

Firefox 13 settings

Travis Murray

Hi All. I've recently upgraded my browser to Firefox 13.0 and have noticed that Remedy on Demand is now doing a couple of things that seem to be new 'features'

when a search results popup in a new window the window behind reverts to black.

when inputing information into a fields which only have a single line display a horiziontal scroll bar appears and you can't see the information you are typing

Does anyone know how to turn off these features or does the new version of Remedy on Demand address this?

• 1. Firefox 13 settings
    Laurent Matheo

Those behaviors come from FF indeed, I had the same on regular ITSM.

I suspect the .css file would have to be updated (?):

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/postsm27561_Issue-with-modal-dialogs-on-FireFox-13.aspx

I guess it's kinda the same with the text fields with "overflow".

You should ask BMC support since I doubt you can change the css on ROD (?), I'll try altering the css of 7.6.04 in the meantime.

• 2. Firefox 13 settings
    k2a

Firefox 13.0 is the most recent release and obviously is not have been tested. So what was the Firefox version in use earlier and did the issue seen was also appearing there?

I think this should be checked with the earlier version (3.6.x, 10, 11) of Firefox at least to be sure if the issue is only with Firefox 13 and probably then the cause could be established.

• 3. Firefox 13 settings
    stefano.ziller

Hi Travis.

I had the same problem with Firefox 13.0. I solved the second problem (scroll bar in single line textarea) editing ARSystem.css for mozilla as follows:

/* ORIGINAL */
    textarea.sr {

padding-bottom:3px;

}

/* CHANGED */

textarea.sr {

padding-bottom:3px;

overflow:hidden;

}

Regards,

Stefano Z.

• 4. Firefox 13 settings
    abrock

Moving to Remedy On Demand forum...

• 5. Firefox 13 settings
    Laurent Matheo

Thanks

I guess the other one will be the same way.

• 6. Firefox 13 settings
    stefano.ziller

Finally I found how to solve the second problem too

It wasn't resolvable only editing ARSystem.css because the problem is in JavaScript that sets opacity when a popup window is opened.

In ClientCore.js for mozilla (arsys/resources/moz/javascript, arsys/resources/moz_noopt/javascript) I edited these two parts:

/* EDITED PART ONE */

if(!window.weDisabledObj){

var e=document.createElement("DIV");

e.style.top = "0px";

e.style.left = "0px";

e.style.width = "100%";    

e.style.height = "100%";

e.style.backgroundColor = "black";

e.style.opacity = ".20"; // line added

e.style.MozOpacity = ".20";

e.style.zIndex = nextZIndex++;

e.style.visibility = "visible";

window.weDisabledObj=e;

document.body.appendChild(e);

}

/* EDITED PART TWO */

if(this.mDisabledObj == null) {

var e=document.createElement("DIV");

e.style.top = "0px";

e.style.left = "0px";

e.style.width = "100%";    

e.style.height = "100%";

e.style.backgroundColor = "black";

e.style.opacity = ".20"; // line added

e.style.MozOpacity = ".20";

e.style.visibility = "hidden";

e.style.zIndex = 0;

this.mDisabledObj = e;

this.mObj.appendChild(e);

}

This is because style.MozOpacity function is no more supported in Firefox 13.

Regards,

Stefano Z.

• 7. Firefox 13 settings
    Laurent Matheo

Cool, thanks a lot

• 8. Firefox 13 settings
    Alexander Vershinskiy

Hello Stefano!

I faced another 'feature' after I'd made changes in ARSystem.css. The problem is that after this modification if I enter a text longer than visible field length, I can't see what I'm typing further without using ExpandBox.

• 9. Firefox 13 settings
    rejean.rivest

Hello,

We do have the same issue in our environments as well.  As Alexander pointed out also, the "overflow:hidden" option also bring another issue where the cursor isn't visible once the text you enter is longer then the visible field length.

There's a product defect open for this (SW00432406) and its tentatively scheduled to be fix in 7.6.04 SP4

• 10. Firefox 13 settings
    stefano.ziller

Hello!

Yes you're right I didn't see that problem when I tested the edited version Maybe there is another solution instead of using "overflow:hidden"... Now I try Otherwise we have to wait 7.6.04 SP4..

Regards,

Stefano Z.

• 11. Firefox 13 settings
    Travis Murray

I've raised this with BMC Support as per Laurents advice.. they have told me it's a defect and they are working on the fix.

It was caused by FF 13.0 coming out to quick and they hadn't had time to complete their analysis and testing of it before it went live.

We have advised users to turn off auto upgrades and stay on Version 12 until such time as BMC is able to provide a solution...

Thanks to all who have responded

• 12. Firefox 13 settings
    David J. Easter

Just to clarify, the "defect" is technically in Firefox 13.0 that caused it to behave differently with existing applications.  The fix being developed by BMC is in keeping with our policy of day-one support for minimum 3rd party versions "or higher" as described in our compatibility matrix.  Rather than drop support for FF13, or fail to support new versions on day-one, BMC makes business reasonable effort to correct such issues when they are reported.

I'm hopeful that this remains an isolated incident so that we can retain our trust in 3rd party vendors to maintain backwards compatibility in future releases.

Remaining on Firefox 12 (or earlier) until the BMC code is updated to compensate for the incompatibility is certainly a reasonable stance to take.

Thanks,

-------------

David J. Easter

Product Line Manager, AR System

BSM & Atrium Solutions Mgmt
    BMC Software, Inc.

• 13. Firefox 13 settings
    Travis Murray

Thanks for that clarification David... Much appreciated.

My clients have been asked to turn off their auto update until BMC can find a solution or workaround for the fault in Firefox

• 14. Firefox 13 settings
    jesus diaz

Here there is solution for this issue:

https://communities.bmc.com/communities/message/256230#256230

Regards.