For the blcli we provide the frameset driven help, for the other product docs there are pdfs, and in 8.2 the wiki docs can be exported as a pdf (or word I believe).
Thanks - since there is no single PDF/Doc file for BLCLI so I guess I'll have to create one [ I'll try sending to a PDF print spooler ] - I see this as a 'barrier to entry' (slows me down) since I could read/scan a print-out (and make notes) quite a bit faster than reading docs on a web page... (and puzzled that this is not readily available - perhaps there are too few of us 'hard copy' folks left...)
I managed to create PDFs - the process is somewhat tedious but workable - the output is not 'paper centric' but it is useable (at least for me...)
1) Linux system with CUPS -->> PDF printer
2) Firefox on Linux System
3) cd to the DOC folder and concatenate HTML files by some means (alphabetical is suggested and what I used); create in the same folder as original docs since you want the JS files to 'run' and format the info
4) open the concatenated HTML file in Firefox (you will most likely crash FFox if you don't separate by some means...)
5) open each, new, HTML concatenated file and wait for JS processing to complete (i.e. you can scroll to the end of the 'page'
6) print to PDF printer; make sure to set options:
- each FRAME on a separate page
- other page setting that you might want
6) open PDF files for review/printing - in my case the first 3 'pages' were 'blank'; afer that I have an alphabetical concatenation of the HTML source which 'looks' pretty much like the 'content' from the 'framed web page'...
Since this is BMC info I cannot provide the PDFs; I did create a simple script to concat the files - touch base if interested. My completed doc list.
DR_ALL_Master-A-B_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:31 740K DR_ALL_Master-C_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:35 388K DR_ALL_Master-D_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:43 674K DR_ALL_Master-E-F_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:45 321K DR_ALL_Master-G-J_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:50 1.1M DR_ALL_Master-K-O_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:51 246K DR_ALL_Master-P_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:52 530K DR_ALL_Master-Q_html.pdf 30-May-2012 21:25 568K DR_ALL_Master-R_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:54 221K DR_ALL_Master-S_html.pdf 30-May-2012 16:56 648K DR_ALL_Master-T_html.pdf 30-May-2012 17:01 656K DR_ALL_Master-U_html.pdf 30-May-2012 17:13 413K DR_ALL_Master-V_html.pdf 30-May-2012 17:19 646K DR_ALL_Master-W-Z_html.pdf 30-May-2012 17:20 86K
Of course, your mileage will vary...
Bill, so for the BLCLI commands (supported and unsupported) are they on the 8.2 wiki site (I'm not finding them) or only still available after performing an install? I ask as I'd like to get these reference documents on my laptop and am without access to a BLAS host at present...
Perhaps someone would be willing to email or post a compressed file of the html docs so I can download if not available in another format or location?
you can run the blcli-generate-html command to generate your own set from your client. it does not need to be connected to an appserver. please see this post: