1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 1:02 PM by Ashwanth Padmanaban RSS

SRM Implementation Experience-Share it

Ashwanth Padmanaban

Hi Guys,

Actually I gotta Implement SRM Application, I am just looking for some start point of where to start with...

* I just understood how do we define Application Templates, AOT and then PDT.

* I am familiar with SRM Roles involved in like End User, Service Coordinator, Service Catalog Manager.

So now whats the start point... I am thinking of to ask Customers what are the Category of Services do they provide..

for example HR, IT, Facilites and under that what are all the Services which they would like to define in ...

so the list of Category of the Services and Services.

Now I am just thinking how do i collect this data from the Users? do we have any Spreadsheets we use to collect the SRM perspective data from the Customers?

anybody has any experience over here? pls share it.

• 1. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

100+ views but no reply ...any white paper? implementation experience of how to collect the data about the Service Definitions would also do.....

• 2. Re: SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    RM Raja

Hi,

I am not 100% sure on what you are looking for but as per my understanding on your question I just am briefing the Info

For the customer perspective they would provide only questions which they want fill up and which ticket they would like to generate in the backend based on their conditions.

So base upon this we have to configure our Template(Change, Incident and Work Order), AOT, PDT and then SRD's.

For example:

If the customer wants the see the following question in the Request Entry and he wants open the backend ticket based on condition.

Summary of the ticket:----(here the question is txt format and length is 200)

Server List: (Hardware, Software and Both Software and Hardware) -- Here the question should Dropdown list and he want Work Order if he selects the Hardware or he wants the Change ticket if he selects Software or he wants both if he selects third option.

And what are questions the they ask us we need to populate them in the backend ticket(not all some mandatory fields or questions -- this is nothing but mapping the fields and questions)

Like this the customer will ask the requirement. So based on this we have to define templates, AOT's , PDT's and then SRD's to generate backend tickets as per the requirement.

Coming to the Categories: Its depends on requirement which we need to be keep the SRD's under different categories as per customer convenient.

For more information, please look at the SRM User Guide and Admin Guide.

Regards

Raju M.

• 3. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Sachin NameToUpdate

Hi Ashwanth,

You have covered few points of SRM implemenation when you are talking about configuring AOT's, PDT's, SRD's.

But, there are lot of holistic steps to start with for SRM implementation.

I suggest you to attend BMC Remedy SRM implementation training on iLearn@BMC .

Moreover, SRM implmentation consists of following steps:

a) Configuring Business Servcies in Service Catalog.

b) Configure Service Offerings in Atrium CMDB and attach these service offering to business service.

c) Decide upon the fullfillment process of service requests. If the fullfillment is not covered with OOTB ITSM apps like incident, change, work order then you need to integrate your custom AR app with CAI.

d) If you are integrating your custom AR app with CAI then you need to configure CAI command parameters, CAI command parameter mappings etc. You can refer white paper on integrating AR app with CAI for detailed steps

e) Configure Application templates.

f) Configure AOT's which will use application templates.

g) Create PDT's to fullfill your business process requirements.

h) Configure SRD's.

i) Configure questions.

k) Configure SLA's for service requrest.

l) Configure Entitlement rules as per requirements.

m) Configure apporvals for service requests.

n) Decide if you need to use AIF instead of requestor console. If you are using AIF then you need to follow white paper to tag existing AIF( with backend mappings, without backend mapping)  workflows with your own AIF.

o) Configure OBO rules if required.

p) Configure surveys for service request.

These are generic SRM implmenetation steps.You can prepare list of questionares based on this information and ask customer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin

• 4. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Deepti NameToUpdate

Hi,

We normally provide the customer with the excel sheet to collect the information from them. i am attaching one screen shot of that excel sheet(depicting only few portions of the excel sheet), hope this may vary. Also one thing i would like to add is that the format may vary

Regards,E.jpg

• 5. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

Hey Sachin, RM and Deepti thanks for providing helpful info...

Basically say Customer has below Services

Backup Movement Process

Disable Users Process

Reset Password Process

Review Change Management Process

Termination Process

How well I can collect the steps to achieve these Services from the Customers? Do we have any Template as such for example Backup Process means that would basically have so and so steps .... so that we can suggest to them that a normal Backup Process would have so and so steps to perform and then if the Customer understood that basic process then he can well explain what process are they following and he would come to know in what Template he needs to depict the steps of each process to give it to me...

coz for foundation data, process data gathering we do have spreadsheets which we readily use to make the customer understand what we want from them but now its kind of not clear of how to collect the info about each SRD from them.

so i was looking as out of the box is there is any Template which is available giving example of any Services of how to define the steps......

but as of now i am thinking of to capture it in flowchart kind of representation...

• 6. Re: SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

so requirements can be recorded in the below way for an SR Definition:SRD which has list of Tasks that needs to be performed.jpg

so now if you see Create Win Logging, Create Citrix Logging and Creation of the ID in the Requested Application all are the Tasks....so which Object fits in over here to host this SRD...SR--->Change---->3 Tasks? or SR--->Work Order----->3 Tasks or SR---Incident--->3 Tasks(i think this is not possible)....

for me this seems like would fit in WorkOrder module with having 3 Task Templates...

how do we decide that which of the Object/Module needs to be selected in the above case and also in general.....

• 7. Re: SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    RM Raja

Basically there are two ways to achive this and to show up this with customer and also if customer wants to change this, we can change accordingly.

1) Generally we will create questions in the SRD by clicking on "Questions and Mapping" button. So create a question(Question should be " Type of Service" or as per customer requirement) with the Data Type as Menu.

So Type of Service question contians the values(

Backup Movement Process

Disable Users Process

Reset Password Process

Review Change Management Process

Termination Process)

in the drop down format for the end user(it will be display).

Suppose if customer selects Type of Service is "Reset Password Process" then it should display the questions below accordingly and if he select any other then it will hide the previous one and shows him new questions. If you want achive this you have to create questions(Backup Movement Process, Disable Users Process, Reset Password Process, Review Change Management Process, Termination Process) then add a condition and under that add questions as per customer requirement.

Before doing the above process we have to do this first: Create templates(it may be IN's or Change's or WO's) and AOT's and then PDT, in this create variable "Type of Service" and then drag and drop a conditon Palate(you see it top left side). And here you can Define you conditions and add AOT's as per customer requirement. Based on the conditions the tickets should be created in the back end process through request enrty.

2) The process is same but we have to create SRD's individually for each process and there should not be a conditonal questions and no need to add condition in the PDT also.

Comming to the main point that Customer and our communications regarding the SRD's:

Most of the times customer only provides inputs(questions- how they want in the front end- they can see them in the Request Entry)

For example Reset password Process: customer may requires only the following questions in the SRD:

Domain:

User Name:

User Account Reset or Unlock:  Reset password or UnLock user account or Both.

Additional Information of Requirements:

So based on this we have to define SRD if any thing goes critical for us then we have to change them and need show up in front of customer and neet to satisfy the customer.

For more Information you can refer PDF's:SRD User Gudie and SRD Admin Gudie.

Regards

Raju M.

• 8. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

Thanks Raju....actually I am trying to go with this below logic..

if a request which has issues and that needs to be addressed....like the services which has already put in place for the end users and he is facing issues with it...then i am going with incident management process...and

if there are set of things which are scheduled up with predefined tasks then i am suggesting change process...and if the same needs to be done with assets or something i am recommending them work order...

so here after suggesting them the best practise its up to the customer to pick one which one they go with for their process..

this is how i am handling as of now .....................................................

ok now i gotta quick question, don have time to perform analysis so asking here....how to expose Products to the Customers in the SRM(Request Entry)...say for example they want to go for a particular Software or Hardware how do we expose the Product Catalogs in SRM...I am sure it got to be having some OOB way of achieving this...???? throw some light around this...and can we multiselect Product Catalogs? and raise different

Change Requests based on the User selection of Hardware or Softwares????

• 9. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Sachin NameToUpdate

Hi Ashwanth,

To answer your second question about displaying products from product catalog, you need to perform following steps:

a) Create join form which will extract approved,managed products from PCT:Product Catalog form.You will have to create this join form from multiple product catalog forms like PCT:Product Catalog/PCT:ProductModelVersion/PCT:CompanyModelVersionLookUp etc to arrive at orderable products from product catalog.Because all the products in product catalog are not orderable.

The DML/DHL products which has price, manufacturer name, model, version, image etc should be considered as orderable products.

b) Create a AIF form and create a table on AIF form which will point to join form listed above.

c) You need define a process around fullfillment in PDT. Map this AIF form and PDT to an SRD so that user's can see this SRD from Request Entry console.

d) The change request is not always the fullfillment process.Because, your fullfillment workflows should check the inventory for hardware products, software license available for software products, create PR if inventory/licenses are not available, create  change request to deploy these products, create assosiation of CI's in change request.These application objects like checking inventory/licenses, createing purchase requisition, creating change request, reserving CI, releasing CI, reserving software licenses, releasing software licenses should be part of your fullfillment AOT's.

e) You will have to create a backend CAI instance form which will contain AOI's as listed in step d.

f) You will have to write workflows on CAI instance form to trigger fullfiment process. You can include OOTB app interface forms like PR create, change request create to create these requests.

g) As far as checking inventory/license, reserving/releaseing license is concerned, you will have to create interface forms on top Of AST forms which will perform these functions. You can include SERVICE call approach in this case.

This a little complex solution but will complete your requirements for ordering products from product catalog.

Regards,

Sachin

• 10. Re: SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    RM Raja

Thats perfect Ashwanth, what you are following up with the customer and which you are recomending them about the SRM process.

Coming to the Products Catlogs I am not sure about that, as Sachin mentioned please follow and see if it is works for you.

Regards

Raju M.

• 11. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

Thanks Sachin, actually what i did was i had gone through the list of Product Categories they have given that just shows the category of the Products or to categorize the request around the Products...but the actual Product List they came up with which I configured as Check Box for them and given a Specification Field to put in their details and also an Other option i have put in for them...

With this User is selecting the Product they want from the Check Box specifying the Details about it and submits the SR and that creates the SR and a backend fulfillment request and that request will be worked upon and when closing it will be categorized based on the Product Categorization....

• 12. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

Thanks RM,

so now I am through with that stage, but i came up with some Service Requirement wherein we need to have Approvals Integrated with the Work Order...

Before i jump in i am just looking has anybody done that before or has any doc specific to integrating work order with approval server????

as of now i am just going through how to integrate an application with approval server in the approval server guide but looking for specific info if available with respect to work order.....

• 13. SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Sanjeeva Gurram

Book1.jpg

Ashwanth,

Collect the data first in  th excel which i attached then based on that we have to configure, Convert that it into Excel

once data is over then configure the other stuff

Thanks

Sanjeeva Gurram

• 14. Re: SRM Implementation Experience-Share it
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

Folks,

I am through with the Work Order and Approval Server Integration and also through with the Service Requests configurations.

As  a part of Service Request, I have created

Work Order Templates

Task Templates

Task Group Templates

AOT

PDT

SRD

Now I am in to Migration Phase, so your suggestions are welcome of how to migrate(exact steps if anybody has done this ) configured AOTs, PDTs and SRDs from one to another Server...

1 2 Previous Next