4 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 3:41 PM by Rohit Nayyar

Error to download .BFF files in BBSA 8.0

Hi All,

1. Im trying to download aix 5.3 patches using offline patch downloader using VPC (BBSA 8.0) but its throwing error:

Error while downloading ifor_ls.html.en_US.base.cli.5.2.0.40.bff.tmp
      Command:cp -f /app/bmc/BladeLogic/NSH/storage/aixpatch02/devices.common.IBM.ib.rte.5.3.12.0.bff //<AIX Target 1>/tmp
      Error logged for devices.common.IBM.ib.rte.5.3.12.0.bff
      devices.common.IBM.ib.rte.5.3.12.0.bff.deps couldnot be created
      Getting an error html responce
      Fatal Error : There is some problem in your internet connection
      Please Check the connection or check the proxy settings
      Exiting Downloader

I checked the proxy settings. its working fine.

2. Does the .bff files are same either download using offline patch downloader or direct from vendor site?

Because when we download manually it downloads .bff files like U844692.bff

but when we download using patch downloader it downloads .bff & .deps files like  bos.rte.control 5.3.12.4.bff

thnx in adv.

regards,

samsung

• 1. Error to download .BFF files in BBSA 8.0
          Mayur Dalvi

Looks like you are using parameter "Create_deps=Y" in downloader.conf.

You can either set it to 'N' or you need to give a valid AIX target IP/hostname for "Primary_AIX_Target" parameter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Error to download .BFF files in BBSA 8.0

Switch off the createdeps and as suggested by Mdalvi, if your aim is to just download the bffs

The deps files which are metadata can be generated at run time when the analysis job runs

But if u want to generate the  metadata at the same time u are downloading, keep this to "Y" but provide a valid name of a real AIX machine in the Primary_AIX_Target, this machine should be running a rscd agent with agent acls set to make sure you can access it from the machine where u r running the downloader

Also, i think the error u r getting is false alarm, raise a Bug/ticket with BMC support about it

• 3. Error to download .BFF files in BBSA 8.0

Yes i have kept "Create_Deps=Y" in downloader.conf file.

If i switch off the create_deps then is it also necessary to keep switch off Deps_Generator_Mode?

And as u said that the deps files which can be generated at run time when the analysis job runs,

does it internally create by VPC or do we need to configure anything?

• 4. Error to download .BFF files in BBSA 8.0

Switch Create_Deps and Deps_Generator_Mode to N

and u dnt need to configure anythign , the deps are generated automatically during runtime

1 of 1 people found this helpful