1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 4:25 AM by Rohit Nayyar

Which property do I have to set in blcli Provision provisionDevice in order to run kickstart from eth1?

Ankit Gupta

Which property do I have to set in blcli Provision provisionDevice in order to run kickstart from eth1?

Attached screenshot shows the interactive version of Provisioning. Here I can enter "eth1" into the Kickstart network device field.

Since I am currently working on automating provisioning, I'd need to know which property I have to set in the provisioning file.

Something similar to Job.Provision.KICKSTART_NETWORK_DEVICE=eth1, or SystemPackage.Fields.NET_DEVICE=eth1.

For SLES provisioning, the dialog field is called AutoYaST network device rather than Kickstart network device.

Does that imply a different property? Or is the same property used for both, RedHat and Linux?

And while we are at it, how would I go about changing the kernel boot parameters, which are also accessible in the same dialog?

• 1. Which property do I have to set in blcli Provision provisionDevice in order to run kickstart from eth1?

The best way AFAIK to do this is to create properties on the Device.

And in this fields, e.g. the Kickstart network interface, you can set this to a property like

??DEVICE._ETH_INTERFACE?? in the system package itself.

This way you are making your system package genric to take care of any value for this parameter.

When you will create the provisioning job, this will be taken from the system package with the same value set to this property of the device

Later during  the provisioing automation , you can set this property on the device you are provisioning with a blcli

like device setPropertyvalue <prop_name> <value>, before executing the provisioning job.

1 of 1 people found this helpful