5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 11:16 PM by Sandeep Das

Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead

Smita Ithape
      Share This:

Hi All,

I have created RKM  Level all—approval process from approval chain,also i have RKM 2 approvers for my company,

When when both user approves the request then ticket should get move ahead...

But it not working Fine .Please help me on this

Regards,

Sam.

• 1. Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead

I have experienced this in my environment, too.  My fellow KM author and I have had issues with certain articles getting "stuck" in either Draft or Publish Approval status, and we have to notify the Remedy Administrators when this happens in order to have them Publish the article.  Very frustrating!  I have noticed that this seems to happen with certain articles (though there is no real rhyme or reason as to which ones) and that once an article gets "stuck" once, it will do so every time an update is made.  This also seems to start happening more with articles that are on Version 5 or higher.  In some cases, we have retired the "trouble" article and created a new article in its place.  This is unfortunate, though, because you end up losing the Relationship information that exists in the original article.  If you're able to figure out anything more about this phenomenon, please let me know and I will do likewise.

Best wishes,

Ian Hall

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead
            Smita Ithape

Thanks Ian to share your Exp...At least if request is pending for approval then approver's name should come there..

When we click on acclerator to move ahead nothing is happens over there..

Regards,

Sam.

• 3. Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead
              Smita Ithape

Got the root cause..problem was with that sever as so many changes happening on this version..to move request ahead after save

Sam

• 4. Re: Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead
                Lukasz Piech

Hi Ian

Do you have any updates on approval problems with articles above version 5? I have the very same issue and I dont seem to figure out what is going on. Your help appreciated

• 5. Re: Need Help on RKM  Level all approval —Ticket status not moving ahead
                  Sandeep Das

Ian and Lukasz Piech. We've had this issue with higher article versions getting stuck at the approval phase for quite some time now. I know it is an old thread so I'll just summarize my findings. Let me know if you need more details:

BMC advised to increase the size of certain fields on AP:Signature and AP:Role forms. This however, does not address the root cause of why the issue occurs.

Open the Rule Definition for OOTB Rule - RKM_Level_One:Get Next Approver-Grp. If you look at the qualification on the Set Fields tab, you will find that the record is matched using Article GUID and DocID. Both these values are same for all versions of the article. The Next Approvers list is fetched from the join form RKM:KAMApproverLookup. Therefore, if Publish Approval for article version 6 is being processed, the Next Approvers field gets 6 signatures (one for each version). The approver list and signature fields on AP:Signature and AP:Role forms have a size limit of 255 bytes. This is why the approvals seem to work for articles with lower version numbers but fail for articles with higher version numbers.Rule Definition.png