5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2015 7:19 AM by Emir Omeragic RSS

Initiator Script and Assignment Script

Deepti NameToUpdate

Hi All,

I am a new one to Incident Management module of ITSM. I need some explination on what is an initiator script and what is an Assignment Script.

Also is there any difference/similarity between the decision tree and the scripts defined above

• 1. Initiator Script and Assignment Script
          Matt Laurenceau

(Discussion moved within Product Forums)

• 2. Initiator Script and Assignment Script
            HR NameToUpdate

Hi Deepti,

Initiator scripts provide instructions to service desk analysts that describe how to

log an incident.

Assignment scripts are similar to initiator scripts. The difference is that assignment

scripts are mapped to the assigned group of the incident. After the incident

assignment group is selected, a list of assignment scripts becomes available to

assist an agent with logging the incident.

Scripts are detailed instructions that have been set up at your company to

help you record important information about an incident. You have access

to scripts that have been set up for your support group. Scripts might include

a list of questions to ask the customer. These questions can assist you in

resolving or assigning the incident.

A decision tree takes you step-by-step through a questionnaire, and, based on

your answers, completes part of the form for a new incident. Each element in

the decision tree displays a list of items. Your final selection completes part

of the incident.

In the Incident User Guide and ITSM Config Guide, will you find detailed information on how to use these functions.

• 3. Initiator Script and Assignment Script
              Deepti NameToUpdate

Thanks HR for the reply. It really helped me to understand the basic concept

• 4. Re: Initiator Script and Assignment Script
                Shantha Meena Manoraj

Hi Deepti,

- Initiator scripts: Initiator script is selected during the ticket creation.

- Assignment scripts: Assignment scripts are used at a later stage of the ticket life cycle.

• 5. Re: Initiator Script and Assignment Script
                  Emir Omeragic

Is it posible to perform autoassigment script for group of incidents?

I have scenario where we have 30% of incidents that need to be delivered to another groups automaticly with autoassigments script based on operational categorisation.

I need like script to start every 2h and based on service and key word in description to forward group of incidents to another groups based on autassigment rules.