3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 4:11 PM by Bill Robinson

Javier del Valle Fernandez

I'm using BBSA 8.0 and I'm trying to deregister servers using 'blcli_execute Server deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal <PARAMETER>' but it requires as parameter a 'a List<String> of names of servers which to deregister' and I'm not being able to get it working. Can anyone please point me in the right direction about how to use this function or how to create a 'List<String>' to use this command.

Thanks for the help

• 1. Re: Server.deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal
          Bill Robinson

Blcli_execute Server findByName

Blci_execute Server getName

Blcli_execute Utiilty setTargetObject

Blcli_execute Utility objectToList

Blcli_execute Utility storeTargetObject serverList

Blcli_execute Server deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal NAMED_OBJECT=serverList

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Server.deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal
            Javier del Valle Fernandez

Wow, lots of thanks for that amazingly fast answer!

I still have two issues:

First one: I have tried that code and everything runs fine except for the last command which returns "Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Found command 'Server.deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal' but with mismatching arguments."

My exact try has been (imagine myServerName is actually my server name ):

blcli_execute Server findByName myServerName    -> result OK

blcli_execute Server getName    -> result OK

blcli_execute Utility setTargetObject    -> result OK

blcli_execute Utility objectToList    -> result OK

blcli_execute Utility storeTargetObject serverList    -> result OK

blcli_execute Server deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal NAMED_OBJECT=serverList     -> Result the above error

Second one: I want to deregister servers that are no longer in the system, so I can't find them using Server.findByName and thus this fails. It would be great if I could create the list of strings using as arguments my own strings (I have been looking for something like blcli_execute Utility createListOfStrings "string1,string2,string3" but I have not found anything like this)

I could go and deregister this servers 'manually' but I'm talking of a total of more than 500 servers... so I would rather not have to

Lots of thanks and best regards

• 3. Server.deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal
              Bill Robinson

ok, i think i was missing a setTargetObject.  try:

# blcli_execute Server findByName red5-81

# blcli_execute Server getName

# blcli_execute Utility setTargetObject

# blcli_execute Utility objectToList

# blcli_execute Utility setTargetObject

# blcli_execute Utility storeTargetObject serverList

# blcli_execute Server deregisterServersWithLicensingPortal NAMED_OBJECT=serverList