7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 11:43 AM by Jameson Ford

Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

Share This:

Hi,

I am trying to create a localization pack using developer studio. I have followed the procedure mentioned in the BMC Documentations. But I keep on getting the below error while translating strings.

ERROR - Error while translating item string: Home Page ;in locale: zh

[Exception: JSONObject["responseData"] is not a JSONObject.]

Has anyone used the localization toolkit in BMC Developer studio. Please share your thoughts and opinions.

Remedy version: 7.6.04 Build 002

SQL 2005 Db

Windows OS

jdk1.6.0_18

Thanks.

• 1. Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

When your forms are localized, the views might become skewed because of the translation might increase the size of the field label. The localization translation toolkit allows you to review the views and make adjustments accordingly.

Steps To adjust view layouts

a. In BMC Remedy Developer Studio, open the application that you localized.

b. Open each translated view for each form, and adjust the layout as needed.

c. Save each form.

• 2. Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

Hi Sushil...let me help you understand what is the exact issue....

localization_error.png

thanks.

• 3. Re: Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

Amey,

Could you please verify/provide the information about Langauge Patch Installed on Your Server.

Also verify Locales you are using while creating the Localization pack.

Untitled.jpg

PS: If you do not have Corresponding Langauge patch installed on your AR Server then Localized views got created wih the Fields but you may not be able to view Lables of those fields.

HTH..

Thanks - Sushil

• 4. Re: Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

Sushil,

can you please elaborate more on 'language pack'. I have selected Unicode character strings while installation. are you talking about the 'localized views & Data' option during installation..? we only get the below options in that case

• English
                • Spanish
                • German
                • french
                • Italian
                • Portuguese

what about the other locales which we get while using localization kit..?

thanks.

• 5. Re: Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit

Amey,

Please let me know what exaclty you want to achive? complete requirement?

So that I will be helpful for you :)

Thanks - Sushil

• 6. Re: Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit
                    Jacek Stasieluk

Sushil,

I am fighting with this problem and maybe You have some ideas, what i have to do.

I've just install fresh installation of only ARS Remedy 7.6.04 SP2 on MS SQL 2008 (Pre-created database on SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS with Unicode) and i would like to translate i.e. Approval Central form to polish language.

I've Localized server and set path and database for localization toolkit. I've extracting a form, export it to file and try to Translate String - withous sucess :/. Everytime i've received this message:

ERROR - Error while translating item string: Status ;in locale: pl_PL

ERROR - Error while translating item string: Application ;in locale: pl_PL

ERROR - Error while translating item string: Process ;in locale: pl_PL

ERROR - Error while translating item string: Pending ;in locale: pl_PL

[Exception: JSONObject["responseData"] is not a JSONObject.] ....

Do You have any information about settings for this errors??

PS. I have a machine ARS Server whole installation, but in version 7.6.04 without any Service Pack and everyting working fine...what is wrong here?

Regards,

Jack

• 7. Re: Error while translating strings in Localization toolkit
                      Jameson Ford

Jack,

Did you ever figure a fix out for this?  Getting the same thing

Thanks