Which grammar are you using ?
You can use another approach to do this ?
What is thiis package - an MSI ?
What kind of customization/parameterization are looking for ?
- I have tried nvsp and windows ini
- I can use the whole commandline but it will prone to errors, I am creating this for my DBA's and I wanted to make this as painless as possible
- The installable is an exe, you just call the setup and point to the config.ini file
- I am looking to parmaterize things like instance name, service accounts and passwords
AGTSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"
ISSVCACCOUNT="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"
Maybe I misunderstand this, but it shouldn't make a difference if you drop the header when parsing the ini file unless you need to change the header? Wouldn't your BLPackage have 4 entries:
1. copy the sql server exe to target
2. Copy the ini file as a regular file
3. Modify the ini file copied in step 2 but now use the parsed ini file. This now have to be registred in config object dictionary for the location where you copied it in 2
4. External command to run exe with reference to ini which should have the header from step 2
In my head this should work or am I wrong?