4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 7:21 AM by Rohit Nayyar

Create vCenter User from BBSA?

Nick Rawlins

Is it possible to create a vcenter user from BBSA and give it access to a specifc machine?

• 1. Create vCenter User from BBSA?
          Nick Rawlins

I have found out this can be created via a SQL script... so my next question is, can you execute a SQL script from BBSA?

• 2. Create vCenter User from BBSA?

Where do you want to execute this sql script ?

There are mutiple ways to do that , one requirement will be to have a sql client on the box where this script will eventually be executed. BBSA can invoke scripts on a remote machine by mutiple ways, as long as these scripts are capable of running on that box.

• 3. Create vCenter User from BBSA?
              Nick Rawlins

Hi Rohit,

I would like to execute the script on a remote SQL Server (it is also on the same physical server as vCenter if that helps).

Does the SQL Script need to reside on a remote server or does it need to be put in the Depot?

I'm unsure as to how it could be run aganst a SQL server so any steps or advice would be great.

• 4. Create vCenter User from BBSA?

Many ways , one quiick way :

1. Create a blpackage and add this sql script as an item in it. Change the path of the script to a path available on the target. Or parametrize the path using Local Blpackage properties
                2. edit the blpackage , add an external command, the command should be invoking this script using command line sql utility on the box, If that is not in the path , you absolute path in the

e.g. sqlcmd <options like servername, user , db , password >  yourscript.sql

You can also parameterize the command for these options using blpackage properties.

You can also add the script to depot and then create a blpackage out of it. Use soft link setting for this,

other steps are similar to what I mentioned above. The use of soft link will be useful if you have to update this sql script just update the depot item.       

1 of 1 people found this helpful