5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 2:08 PM by Edison Pioneer

SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field

Hi folks,

I have a small (?) problem with our SRM..

We are running on version 7.6.0.4 SP2 and configured the notifications in a way, that only SRM sends notifications (not INC or CHG) and we have also enabled the 'backdoor' so every time an incidents gets created, the SRM-Request gets created as well and shows up in the customer console.

Ok, now the problem. I used a genereic AOT and PDT with an input variabble for a notes / detailed description field.

This Variable is mapped to the detailed description.

Long story short - the incident is created correctly and has the notes set as I configured them in the SRD - BUT: the created SRM-Request has an empty notes field. Because this field is empty, I can not add the notes field to the customer notification..

Has anyone experienced any problems liked that? I've tried a lot of things but I don't get the field to be filled which starts to annoy me

Thanks in advance and regards,

Sascha

• 1. SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field

Problem is resolved.

There were some errors with the SR field mapping. Once we reconfigured the mapping of the sr fields, especially the notes-field it worked.

• 2. Re: SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field

Hi Schsas,

I know the topic is old, but can you described in details what exatly was wrong with your mapping and how you have fixed that?

We are experiencing the same issue.

• 3. Re: SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field

Hi

This is my first post on this forum so I would like to use the opportunity to say hello to everyone here!

I’ve been struggling with very similar problem lately.

Desired scenario is: whenever a request is submitted via Request Entry Console email notification is being sent out to the submitter with Request Number, Summary and Notes (#Detailed Description#).

Above is true for most of available SRDs. However there are some SRDs where the same notification is sent out without Notes (#Detailed Description#)  

In those ‘faulty’ SRDs Notes are mapped on SR Field Mapping level the same as in those working OK.

What is more the same SRD on Test environment sends correct notification while on Production continues to bypass notes. I’ve compared both SRDs (with associated AOTs and PDTs) as well as notification elements (Events, Notification forms) and found no significant differences.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me a hint on how to troubleshoot further.

Best Regards,
              Marcin

• 4. Re: SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field

marcing wrote:

In those ‘faulty’ SRDs Notes are mapped on SR Field Mapping level the same as in those working OK.

What is more the same SRD on Test environment sends correct notification while on Production continues to bypass notes. I’ve compared both SRDs (with associated AOTs and PDTs) as well as notification elements (Events, Notification forms) and found no significant differences.

This has been sorted out by:

1. Setting the SRD to offline,

2. Disabling all notifications

3. Setting SRD back to online

4. Setting the SRD to offline

5. Enabling all notifications

6. Setting the SRD to online

SRD was originally promoted (Export/Import) from test environment to production one. I believe this caused values not mapping properly.

Best Regards,

Marcin

• 5. Re: SRM Notifications - empty notes / detailed description field
                  Edison Pioneer

Hi,

I my AOT, I don't find anything such a "Notes" field but I do find a "detailed description" field.

Are they both essentially the same or is there a difference between the two?