6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 7:03 AM by Bill Robinson

Authentication failure: A network error has occurred. The authentication service may have closed the connection due to a long period of inactivity.

Hi,

I am facing this issue where in I am unable to connec to the Linux x64 appserver which is 8.1.03.312, from a solaris nsh client which is at 8.1.02.233.

When we try to do a blcred to connect to the appserver from the soalris box :-

blcred -p NSH/br/authenticationProfiles.xml cred -acquire -profile SRP

we get this error:

username: BLAdmin

password:

Authentication failure: A network error has occurred. The authentication service may have closed the connection due to a long period of inactivity.

The appserver.log has  the following :

22 Dec 2011 11:26:43,370] [Authentication-Service-Thread-1] [WARN] [::CLIENT_IP_ADRESS] [Appserver] Received unexpected data from /CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS:57456. Connection will be aborted.

[22 Dec 2011 11:26:43,370] [Authentication-Service-Thread-1] [INFO] [::CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS] [Appserver] Authentication Connection closed

If i raise the logging in Appserver to Debug, i get the following exception:

com.bladelogic.om.infra.auth.service.ProtocolCompatibilityException: Received unexpected data from /10.81.43.109:56891. Connection will be aborted.

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.auth.service.AuthSvcConnection.receiveAuthMessage(AuthSvcConnection.java:294)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.auth.service.AuthSvcConnection.handleAuthRequest(AuthSvcConnection.java:111)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.auth.service.AuthSvcWorkerThread.execute(AuthSvcWorkerThread.java:63)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.auth.service.AuthSvcWorkerThread.execute(AuthSvcWorkerThread.java:17)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:293)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:331)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:789)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:746)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:75)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)

at com.bladelogic.sso.engine.StreamMessaging.receiveMessage(StreamMessaging.java:163)

at com.bladelogic.sso.engine.StreamMessaging.receiveToken(StreamMessaging.java:201)

at com.blad

Also,

here is the blasadmin config :

SocketConnectTimeout:60

SocketOperationTimeout:7200

SocketTimeout:60000 - This was default to 600, I tried increasing this to 60000 , but didnt help.

Any thing else ? Anyone seen this ? Usually, I have seen this with incompatible versions, but this is not the case here .

Can i blame the network ? Firewall ?

I can see that the connection is established with appserver via 9840, this is netstat -a | grep 9840 on the client

sol110.57456       appserver.9840  9088      0 49640      0 ESTABLISHED

ANy ideas ?

Thanks,

Rohit