8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2011 3:57 PM by Bill Robinson

Stuck report

Share This:

BDSSA 8.1 SP2

I am running the OOTB Windows Server Configuration report.   This report was working fine and continues to work on the Dev environment.  In Prod, it is just 'stuck' on Your report is running and never completes.  I have given it plenty of time.  Other reports will complete.

I am looking for logs or transactions to see what is occurring (or otherwise) behind the scenes to start diagnosing the cause.  nothing in /reports/logs/ seems to contain the logs I need.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

• 1. Re: Stuck report
          Bill Robinson

Look in the cognos connection – you can see the history of all report runs.  Also on the report’s property page you should be able to dig into the past runs of the report.  log would be in the logs/cogserver.log

• 2. Stuck report

Thanks bill... tried to see what I can see but to be frank none of the logs appear to help.  This is the tail of cogserver.log

Does it make any sense to you?

PS.  I have canceled the report and restarted it but does not seem to append anything to this log.

Request                 Failure         SecureErrorId: 2011-12-07-12:07:18.050-#1  Original Error: RQP-DEF-0114 The user cancelled the request.  RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:  RSReportService.cpp(779): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()  RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(265): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): asynchWait_Request  RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(788): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkException  RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(224): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::run(): promptPagingForward_Request  RSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(838): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): promptPagingForward_Request  Execution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(606): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::execute  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(277): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(77): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSReportPagesAssembly.cpp(176): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportPagesAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(300): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(173): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(135): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSTableAssembly.cpp(110): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(173): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(135): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSTableAssembly.cpp(110): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(173): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(135): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assemble  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(344): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForward  Assembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(294): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssembly  Assembly/RSAssembly.cpp(649): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIterator  Assembly/RSAssembly.cpp(690): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSAssembly::createListIterator  RSQueryMgr.cpp(1076): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getResultSetIterator  RSQueryMgr.cpp(1241): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::createIterator  RSQueryMgr.cpp(1555): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommand  RSQueryMgr.cpp(1542): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommand  RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(187): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()  RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(167): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()  RSQFSession.cpp(305): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQFSession::DoRequest  QFSSession.cpp(719): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()  QFSSession.cpp(717): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()  QFSSession.cpp(662): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()  QFSSession.cpp(637): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()  QFSConnection.cpp(751): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSConnection::Execute  QFSQuery.cpp(213): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::Execute v2  CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(1891): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE  CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(4193): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: CoordinationQFSQuery::CallProvider  QFSQuery.cpp(246): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::EXecute v3  Source/RQP_QFSQuery.cpp(492): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE  Source/QE_RsApi.cpp(3605): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE  Source/QE_RsApi.cpp(3553): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE  Source/QERequest.cpp(3149): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE  Source/QEDMSqlCursorScroll.cpp(448): QFException: CCL_RETHROW:   Source/QEDMSqlCursorScroll.cpp(398): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

• 3. Re: Stuck report
              Bill Robinson

Is there nothing in the run history of the report in the portal ?

• 4. Stuck report

If I check my current activities as BLAdmin... it showed one report 'waiting' which started months before I ever started on site.  Canceled that.

Checking all past activities the Server Config report that I am trying to run does not show at all.  If I restart the report, still nothing in current activities.  Support case or something basic I am missing?

• 5. Re: Stuck report
                  Bill Robinson

Yeah – call support…

• 6. Stuck report
                    Gerardo Bartoccini

Hey Scott,

I believe your log excerpt is only related to when you canceled the job.

Can you run the report again and see what is logged into cogserver.log?

Don't cancel the job.

Just copy/paste anything is logged during report's execution

• 7. Stuck report

Hey G!

Nothing new is logged at all mate. Ive logged a sup call for now.

I know that the os_config.nsh script has not been working from these inventory templates, so that would mean data like domain membership is not being captured, but that should just output the report with no data rather than just stuck on generating report.

Bill - still looking for that revised os_config if you can share please mate

• 8. Stuck report
                        Bill Robinson

The new os_config.nsh is in the sp3 external files.zip for bdssa.