3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 2:38 AM by Olli Matikainen

Registry settings failing

Olli Matikainen

I try to enable Windows 2008 R2 firewall by modifying registry. I do all sorts of things by same method, but one is failing. Lots of registry settings are well deployed. I simply can't understand why this one is failing. Here are the three external commands what BLPackage contains:

c:\windows\system32\reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile" /v EnableFirewall /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

c:\windows\system32\reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" /v EnableFirewall /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

c:\windows\system32\reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\PublicProfile" /v EnableFirewall /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 /f

And this is what I get when deploying this package:

Info 2.12.2011 21:25:26 The job 'Enable Windows Firewall' has failed 

Error 2.12.2011 21:25:25 Error there is no dry run result container for this run of the deploy job 

Info 2.12.2011 21:25:23 Started running the job 'Enable Windows Firewall' with priority 'NORMAL' on application server 'correct appserver here'(2,005,000) 

BBSA is version 8.1 SP3 and agent in target server and in all appservers are 8.1.03.312. Target server is newly created virtual server in vCenter 5.0 running Windows Server 2008 Standard SP1.

Running those commands in target server's command prompt does what they are supposed to do.

• 1. Registry settings failing
          Bill Robinson

do you have the transaction log from the deploy of the package w/ those commands?

• 2. Registry settings failing
            Olli Matikainen

This is all I get:

Error 2.12.2011 21:25:25 Error there is no dry run result container for this run of the deploy job

Info 2.12.2011 21:25:23 Started running the job 'Enable Windows Firewall' with priority 'NORMAL' on application server 'XXXX'(2,005,000)

There are no markings in Simulate, Stage or Commit. They are all empty. The above can be found in Log Messages (run level).

The job is created by cloning another registry job and then changing the BLPackage inside the job. I have lots of similar jobs, so I clone them to keep all settings the same.

• 3. Registry settings failing
              Olli Matikainen

This is now solved. I simply created a new BLPackage and a new deploy job. There was nothing wrong with previous BLPackage, but the new package works.

Thank you for trying to help me.