12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2011 6:44 AM by Bill Robinson

RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

Has anyone seen this error before during a simple analysis job? 

STDERR: ERROR:: YUM dry run failedmv: cannot stat `/var/tmp/stage/LinuxCatalog_18189_ellisite/rpm-includes.lst`: No such file or directory

I searched the knowledge base at supports recommendation, but it simply talks about checking ACL's and checking to be sure you have the correct agent installed.  I have this happening on 3 hosts right now:

1 host is:  32bit Redhat 5.3

1 host is:  32bit Redhat 5.6

1 host is:  64bit Redhat 5.6

I've verified the agents are correctly installed, verified the ACL's are correct

• 1. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
          Bill Robinson

Does that directory exist?  What else is in it?

• 2. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

Yes, it exists see output:

Error:

STDERR: ERROR::YUM dry run failedmv: cannot stat `/var/tmp/stage/LinuxCatalog_19298_frodo/rpm-includes.lst': No such file or directory

frodo% pwd //frodo/var/tmp/stage/LinuxCatalog_19298_frodo

frodo% ls -l

total 26978

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root          26 Dec 02 09:04 analysis_err.log

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root          510 Dec 02 09:04 analysis_log.log

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root            0 Dec 02 09:04 analysis_res.log

-rwx------  1 root    root      1323579 Dec 02 09:04 linux_analyze

drwxr-xr-x  3 root    root        4096 Dec 02 09:04 repo

-rwx------  1 root    root    12481853 Dec 01 16:06 repodata.tar.gz

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root          295 Dec 02 09:04 yum.conf

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root          601 Dec 02 09:04 yum.err.log

-rw-r--r--  1 root    root            0 Dec 02 09:04 yum_analysis.res

• 3. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
              Bill Robinson

What is in the log files ?

Also – can you run:

Blyum –C –c yum.conf update

From that dir?  you may need to specify the path to blyum – it’s like /opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/blyum/blyum (or something like that)

• 4. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

Command didn't run:

/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/blyum/blyum: line 7: /opt/blyum/python/bin/python: No such file or directory

There are no events in rscd.log on the agent.  The appserver just shows the error I posted above. I can send them to you individually, but shoudln't post them here for security reasons.

• 5. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
                  Bill Robinson

Edit the blyum file and fix the path to point to the right place..

• 6. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

What would you suggest is correct?  On all my other Redhat servers 300+ this same analysis and blyum file is exactly the same....

• 7. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
                      Bill Robinson

It’s like this now right:

BLYUM_DIR=/opt/blyum

Change it to:

BLYUM_DIR=/opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/blyum

Or whatever your current install dir is.

This is just to get this troubleshooting action to work on this box.

• 8. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
                        Bill Robinson

actually – instead of that change I think you can run the NSH/bin/blyum instead.

• 9. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

frodo% nexec frodo /opt/bmc/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/bin/blyum -C -c /var/tmp/stage/LinuxCatalog_19298_frodo/yum.conf

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:   /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: symbol gzopen64, version ZLIB_1.2.3.3 not defined in f ile libz.so.1 with link time reference Please install a package which provides this module, or verify that the module is installed correctly. It's possible that the above module doesn't match the current version of Python, which is: 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Aug 29 2008, 13:22:45) [GCC 3.4.6] If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to the yum faq at:   http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

• 10. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

Ok, our Linux guy fixed this after we found that error.  (Thanks Bill).

Our LibXML was pointing to the wrong version...that's never good.  It's a mystery (of course) as to why this happened, but here's our fix.  After doing this the patch analysis ran fine.

His work:

Here’s my work: Original host:

[root@frodo lib]# ll libxml*
                            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4188006 Apr 23  2010 libxml2.a
                            -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    926 Apr 23  2010 libxml2.la
                            lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      17 Jan 18  2011 libxml2.so -> libxml2.so.2.6.26
                            lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      16 Sep 23 14:27 libxml2.so.2 -> libxml2.so.2.7.6
                            -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1250176 Oct  5  2010 libxml2.so.2.6.26 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3271078 Apr 23  2010 libxml2.so.2.7.6

My work:

cd /usr/lib
                              rm libxml2.so.2
                              ln -s libxml2.so.2.6.26 libxml2.so.2

Result:

[root@frodo bin]# ll /usr/lib/libxml*
                            -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4188006 Apr 23  2010 /usr/lib/libxml2.a
                            -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    926 Apr 23  2010 /usr/lib/libxml2.la
                            lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      17 Jan 18  2011 /usr/lib/libxml2.so -> libxml2.so.2.6.26
                            lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      17 Dec  2 14:53 /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 -> libxml2.so.2.6.26
                            -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1250176 Oct  5  2010 /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.6.26 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3271078 Apr 23  2010 /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.7.6

• 11. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis

Final fix:

I removed the offending libraries and repointed the logical links to the 2.6 lib. I then ran the analysis job which not only ran successfully, but show both bilbo and frodo as being fully patched.

• 12. Re: RedHat Patching Error  during analysis
                                Bill Robinson

So you can see what we do under the covers – we copy down metadata for the repo and a yum.conf file that points to that metadata, then we run the yum –C –c yum.conf update and scrape the results… ☺