2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2011 8:41 PM by Brian NameToUpdate

blcli java error and blcli questions

Hi

I tried to run the blcli-generate-html.bat script to generate the blcli commands, as specified in https://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-8922

on my windows desktop, but I get a java error.....

C:\>"%PROGRAMFILES%\BMC Software\BladeLogic\8.0\NSH\bin\blcli-generate-html.bat"

"%PROGRAMFILES%\BMC Software\BladeLogic\8.0\NSH\br\xml\cli" "c:\tmp\unreleased-

blcli"

2011-11-02 13:30:22,649 [INFO] com.bladelogic.cli.help.HelpGenerator - Started g

enerating html help files

Command links should not refer to default command ids : Job.executeWithApproval-

DEFAULT-9885

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.getNodeObject(Unknown Sour

ce)

at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl.synchronizeChildren(Unknow

n Source)

at org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.synchronizeChildren(Unkno

wn Source)

at org.apache.xerces.dom.ParentNode.getChildNodes(Unknown Source)

at com.bladelogic.shared.xml.XMLReader.getElementChildren(XMLReader.java

:192)

at com.bladelogic.shared.xml.XMLReader.getChildNodeByName(XMLReader.java

:105)

at com.bladelogic.shared.xml.XMLReader.getChildNodeValue(XMLReader.java:

89)

at com.bladelogic.shared.xml.XMLReader.getChildNodeValue(XMLReader.java:

84)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandXMLParser.getCommandReference(Comma

ndXMLParser.java:597)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandXMLParser.parseComplexCommandNode(C

ommandXMLParser.java:473)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandXMLParser.parseCommandTemplate(Comm

andXMLParser.java:154)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandXMLParser.parseNameSpace(CommandXML

Parser.java:112)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandXMLParser.parse(CommandXMLParser.ja

va:59)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplateInventory.loadCommandTempla

tesFromDir(CommandTemplateInventory.java:564)

at com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandTemplateInventory.loadCommandTempla

tesFromDir(CommandTemplateInventory.java:538)

at com.bladelogic.cli.help.HelpGenerator.initCommandFactory(HelpGenerato

r.java:72)

at com.bladelogic.cli.help.HelpGenerator.<init>(HelpGenerator.java:42)

at com.bladelogic.cli.help.HelpGenerator.main(HelpGenerator.java:689)

C:\>

I am trying to get this command list in the hope that it can teac me how to use the blcli commands to access server information from the server -> live screen in the gui. Specificaly the Global Zone list of Non-global Zones, then one I have that information I would like to get from the Hardware Information -> Hardware ->processors information so I can count and report on the # of processors.

Is there a document decribing how blcli commands work, how you determine name spaces etc, and/or the list of commands available and can someone tell me how to fix the above java issue?

thanks

Brian