Each upgrade is dependent on requirements of the current system.
From 8.0 SP6, where you are now, you can upgrade to 8.1 SP2 without issue.
Read the upgrade notes and follow them by the letter - remeber always backup!!
Basically the steps are something like -
- Shutdown App Server and Console
- Upgrade RSCD Agent on File Server
- Perform upgrade of BladeLogic Database schema using supplied scripts, following instructions
- Upgrade Consoles
- Start App Server
- Start Console
I am wondering why you think you would face a provisioing/component failure.
Do you have a problem at this time ?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Read the Tech Bulletin and release notes that come w/ each release. They will describe the upgrade path.
Thanks for all reply. I have some doubts like below Please correct.
- Shutdown App Server and Console - OK
- Backup : Which Dirs i should take backup? Whole C:\program Files\bMC Software\BladeLogic folder?
- Upgrade RSCD Agent on File Server : Should i need to upgrade all clients / agents / servers as well?
- Perform upgrade of BladeLogic Database schema using supplied scripts, following instructions : OK.
- Upgrade Consoles : Ok
- Start App Server : OK
- Start Console : Ok.
- Verify : Ok.
One more question if my upgrade fails in case then what i should do how to revert back my File server / Database / app servers etc? Is steps are also avaiable in the new release docs?
Backup- you need to backup the br directory, that is it. When you are upgrading the BL AppServer, then just upgrade the rscd agent on file server and appserver. Check for compatabilty issues between agents across different releases.
The release notes or tech bulletins are available with every patch/release. Please check them for detailed instructions. Also follow all of them one by one.
Thanks for your reply.