9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2011 8:24 AM by Ray NameToUpdate

type : 5005

When running a script including:

blcli_execute JobGroup addPermission "${SVC_LOC}" "${roleName}" "JobFolder.*"

I am getting the following error:

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.mfw.util.NotFoundException: Could not f

ind group with name : /path/path and type : 5005

Could someone please tell me what the "type:5005" is

• 1. Re: type : 5005
          Bill Robinson

It’s a static job group.  Is the job folder you are passing it a smart group ?

• 2. Re: type : 5005

Hi Bill,

The job folder I am passing is not a smart group.

Thank you,

Ray

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please

delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in

delivery.

NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to

any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement

or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such

purpose.

Bill Robinson <forums@developer.bmc.com>

To:

Ray E Jacoby/USA/CSC@CSC

Date:

10/12/2011 03:24 PM

Subject:

Re: type : 5005 New message on BMC Communities

BMC Communities

Thread: "Re: type : 5005"

created by Bill Robinson in BMC BladeLogic Scripting - View the full

discussion It’s a static job group.  Is the job folder you are passing it

a smart group ?

Previous message from Ray :

When running a script including: blcli_execute JobGroup addPermission

"$" "$" "JobFolder.*" I am getting the following error:

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.mfw.util.NotFoundException: Could

not f ind group with name : /path/path and type : 5005 Could someone

please tell me what the "type:5005" is

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on

BMC Communities

Start a new discussion in BMC BladeLogic Scripting at BMC Communities

Thank you for your participation on BMC Communities.

• 3. Re: type : 5005
              Bill Robinson

it's a static group? 

can the role you are running the command as see this folder in the gui?

what is the exact path you are passing it? 

• 4. type : 5005

I am running the command as BLAdmins and I can see the folder in the gui.  I am using a specified path not including the /Bladelogic/Jobs, ex

"/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/target folder"

when trying cmd with adding 5005 for static group, ex:

blcli_execute JobGroup addPermission 5005 "/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/target folder" "${roleName}" "JobFolder.*"

I get the following error

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: F

ound command 'JobGroup.addPermission' but with mismatching arguments.

• 5. type : 5005
                  Bill Robinson

What role are you running this as?

Can that role see this folder in the GUI ?

the JobGroup.addPermission command takes 3 arguments, not four, so passing the object type will not do any good.

the original error states that the folder you are specifying cannot be found.

• 6. type : 5005

Sorry, I made an assumption on our project directory structure..you know what they say about assumptions:)  I corrected for the inconsistancy so the addpermission is working now with one exception.  I need an addpermission type function for the component name space for directory structure permissions but only found Component:addPermission.  When trying Group :addPermission and passing 5005, 5014 and 0 for the internal group type I am seeing:

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: C

ommand : (Group,addPermission) has more than one overloaded methods that match g

iven arguments

Could you please provide any guidence

• 7. type : 5005
                      Bill Robinson

Can you look in the br/xml/cli directory on whatever is running the blcli, grep for 'addPermission' in Group*

can you paste the results ?

• 8. Re: type : 5005

Bill,

Appreciate your help, I pasted results below:

RSHOMO2-1% pwd

/cygdrive/c/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/br/xml/cli

RSHOMO2-1%

RSHOMO2-1% grep addPermission Group*

Group-Additional.xml:          

To:

Ray E Jacoby/USA/CSC@CSC

Date:

10/25/2011 08:43 AM

Subject:

Re: type : 5005 New message on BMC Communities

BMC Communities

Thread: "Re: type : 5005"

created by Bill Robinson in BMC BladeLogic Scripting - View the full

discussion Can you look in the br/xml/cli directory on whatever is running

the blcli, grep for 'addPermission' in Group* can you paste the results ?

Sorry, I made an assumption on our project directory structure..you know

what they say about assumptions:)  I corrected for the inconsistancy so

the addpermission is working now with one exception.  I need an

addpermission type function for the component name space for directory

structure permissions but only found Component:addPermission.  When trying

Group :addPermission and passing 5005, 5014 and 0 for the internal group

type I am seeing: Command execution failed.

com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: C ommand :

(Group,addPermission) has more than one overloaded methods that match g

iven arguments Could you please provide any guidence

Previous message from Bill Robinson :

What role are you running this as? Can that role see this folder in the

GUI ? the JobGroup.addPermission command takes 3 arguments, not four, so

passing the object type will not do any good. the original error states

that the folder you are specifying cannot be found.

I am running the command as BLAdmins and I can see the folder in the gui. 

I am using a specified path not including the /Bladelogic/Jobs, ex

"/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/target folder" when trying cmd with

adding 5005 for static group, ex: blcli_execute JobGroup addPermission

5005 "/folder/folder/folder/folder/folder/target folder" "$" "JobFolder.*" I get the following error Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: F ound command 'JobGroup.addPermission' but with mismatching arguments. Previous message from Bill Robinson : it's a static group?  can the role you are running the command as see this folder in the gui? what is the exact path you are passing it?  Previous message from Bill Robinson : It’s a static job group.  Is the job folder you are passing it a smart group ? Previous message from Ray : When running a script including: blcli_execute JobGroup addPermission "$" "$" "JobFolder.*" I am getting the following error:

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.mfw.util.NotFoundException: Could

not f ind group with name : /path/path and type : 5005 Could someone

please tell me what the "type:5005" is

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on

BMC Communities

Start a new discussion in BMC BladeLogic Scripting at BMC Communities

Thank you for your participation on BMC Communities.

• 9. Re: type : 5005

Bill,

The email response I sent looks like it got truncated so I am posting results again here..

RSHOMO2-1% pwd

/cygdrive/c/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/NSH/br/xml/cli

RSHOMO2-1%

RSHOMO2-1% grep addPermission Group*

Group-Additional.xml:           <complex_command command_id="addPermissionToGroup-DEFAULT-8588" published="yes" release=

"yes">

Group-Additional.xml:            <name>addPermission</name>

Group-Additional.xml:                                   <name>addPermission</name>

Group-Additional.xml:           <complex_command command_id="addPermissionToGroup-1" published="no" release="yes">

Group-Additional.xml:            <name>addPermission</name>

Group-Additional.xml:                                   <name>addPermission</name>

RSHOMO2-1%