1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 4:38 AM by Prabhat Handoo

The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

Oscar Avila

Hi all.

When I try to see the HotFixes of anywhere server appears the next message. I don't know what is happen to this. I hope someone can help me Thank you.

Patch01.jpg

• 1. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

Are you able to  browse other areas unde live browse , try verifying the agent ,. seems like connection issues !

ROhit

• 2. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

Exactly what Rohit said. Can you perform other actions to the agent? Try agentinfo or a live browse. The agent may not be repsonding.

• 3. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

And when you have verified that the connection works you can also check the appserver.log under [BladeLogic install dir]/NSH/br/appserver.log since browsing the hotfixes might trigger the appserver to connect to shavlik and download patch meta-data

You should see something similar to this in the appserver.log (in this case I already had the cab file downloaded):

[07 Oct 2011 11:41:00,612] [Client-Connections-Thread-2] [INFO] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:192.168.200.1] [Client] Executing command: BLPatchCheck2 0  -s "C:/Program Files/BladeLogic/RSC/tmp/hfnetchk6b_811454a5-8aed-476a-b001-691acab58e3c/hfnetchk6b.cab" "C:/Program Files/BladeLogic/RSC/tmp/shavlik_results_acfe8e72-b8f8-4cc8-9c3e-8c373ac49f3b.xml"

[07 Oct 2011 11:41:11,347] [Scheduled-System-Tasks-Thread-4] [INFO] [System:System:] [Memory Monitor] Total JVM (B): 262602752,Free JVM (B): 89193224,Used JVM (B): 173409528,VSize (B): 368689152,RSS (B): 295895040,Used File Descriptors: 3019

[07 Oct 2011 11:41:28,692] [Client-Connections-Thread-2] [INFO] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:192.168.200.1] [Client] Returned from Shavlik Analyzer: Num hotfixes = 69

• 4. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

hello all,

I'm getting similar errors on 8.0 SP9 . If I use the BLAdmins role, its not a problem, but if I use another role it does not work. Note that the user that is using another role, is able to fully live browse to everysingle object, except the "HotFixes".

on the target host, I get the following msg on the rscd.log :

10/07/11 12:25:14.191 WARN     rscd -  138.190.86.30 5092 BladeLogicRSCD@SA011694->Viewer@SA011694:PrivilegeMapp                                        ed (Operations:cstest): CM: command: "BLPatchCheck2 0  -s "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp                                        /hfnetchk6b_b0c0798c-0d86-4bd6-b4ee-dcb4bf53299f/hfnetchk6b.cab" "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/R                                        SCD/tmp/shavlik_results_6c1090d6-d483-4ae2-a381-226627d61651.xml"" not authorized

and on the appserver.log file I get

07 Oct 2011 13:31:46,987] [Client-Connections-Thread-1] [INFO] [cstest:Operations:10.248.192.13] [Client] Executing command: BLPatchCheck2 0  -s "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp/hfnetchk6b_8de230d5-fb5d-488e-b4a0-e8ada69eeed8/hfnetchk6b.cab" "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp/shavlik_results_b4f4609f-b06e-48fe-b67a-fb63d3f4009a.xml"

[07 Oct 2011 13:31:47,006] [Client-Connections-Thread-1] [ERROR] [cstest:Operations:10.248.192.13] [Client] Error executing Analyzer: ExitCode = 200 on the host "sa011694": Not authorized to run this command

furthermore, when this user on the Operations role tries to execute the patch analysis role, the errors on the target server are:

10/07/11 12:39:12.216 WARN     rscd -  138.190.86.30 5108 BladeLogicRSCD@SA011694->Viewer@SA011694:PrivilegeMapped (Operations:cstest): CM: command: "BLPatchCheck2 0 -pt 5  -s "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp/WindowsCatalog_2024105_154_sa011694/hfnetchk6b.xml" "C:/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp/WindowsCatalog_2024105_154_sa011694/shavlik_results.xml"" not authorized

10/07/11 12:39:12.249 INFO1    rscd -  138.190.86.30 4088 BladeLogicRSCD@SA011694->Viewer@SA011694:PrivilegeMapped (Operations:cstest): CM: > [PatchAnalysis] Deleting //sa011694/C/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.0/RSCD/tmp/WindowsCatalog_2024105_154_sa011694

and on the appserver.log :

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,502] [WorkItem-Thread-41] [INFO] [cstest:Operations:] [Pre-Analysis] Executing work item Windows Patch Analysis Job:analysis-2031000-testpatch windows2011-09-22 11-15-49-656+0200; Server:sa011694;  on application server: sn000085

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,571] [WorkItem-Thread-41] [INFO] [cstest:Operations:] [Pre-Analysis] Copy metadata xml (hfnetchk6b) to the target: sa011694

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,891] [Job-Execution-4] [INFO] [cstest:Operations:] [PatchAnalysis] Analyzer execution complete on server: sa011694 , exitCode: 200

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,895] [Job-Execution-4] [ERROR] [cstest:Operations:] [PatchAnalysis] STDERR: Not authorized to run this command

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,939] [Job-Execution-4] [INFO] [cstest:Operations:] [PatchAnalysis] The job 'analysis-2031000-testpatch windows2011-09-22 11-15-49-656+0200' has failed

[07 Oct 2011 13:39:11,943] [Job-Execution-4] [ERROR] [cstest:Operations:] [Patching] Analysis phase completed with errors.

Any ideas ??

thanks

• 5. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

What are the user mappings for this role ?

Check user, user.local file on the end agent ?

• 6. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse
                    Oscar Avila

Hi guys. Thank you for resppound.

I can see and do anything for all servers, I can see the file system, the Local Groups, System Info, etc, the issue is only with the HotFixes. The issue Is the same in all the servers but the agents are responding.

I am connecting to Whit BLAdmins:BLAdmin, in the  /NSH/br/appserver.log I can see:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[06 Oct 2011 12:50:36,629] [Client-Connections-Thread-3] [INFO] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:141.32.3.72] [Client] User 'BLAdmin' assumed the role 'BLAdmins'

[06 Oct 2011 12:50:45,907] [Scheduled-System-Tasks-Thread-1] [INFO] [System:System:] [Memory Monitor] Total JVM (B): 317259776,Free JVM (B): 31413264,Used JVM (B): 285846512,VSize (B): 544178176,RSS (B): 508014592,Used File Descriptors: 1929

[06 Oct 2011 12:51:45,871] [Scheduled-System-Tasks-Thread-6] [INFO] [System:System:] [Memory Monitor] Total JVM (B): 343080960,Free JVM (B): 201438776,Used JVM (B): 141642184,VSize (B): 567287808,RSS (B): 508174336,Used File Descriptors: 1925

[06 Oct 2011 12:51:57,789] [Client-Connections-Thread-8] [INFO] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:141.32.3.72] [Client] Making request for http://xml.shavlik.com/data/pd5.cab

[06 Oct 2011 12:51:58,788] [Client-Connections-Thread-7] [INFO] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:141.32.3.72] [Client] User 'BLAdmin' assumed the role 'BLAdmins'

[06 Oct 2011 12:52:18,828] [Client-Connections-Thread-8] [ERROR] [BLAdmin:BLAdmins:141.32.3.72] [Client] Connection terminated

com.bladelogic.om.infra.common.BeanException: Connection timed out: connect

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.common.BeanUtil.getBean(BeanUtil.java:100)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.message.frame.PatchConfigFileFrame.service(PatchConfigFileFrame.java:69)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:369)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.processClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:279)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.handleClientRequest(ClientWorkerThread.java:179)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:98)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.mfw.net.ClientWorkerThread.execute(ClientWorkerThread.java:24)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.service.thread.BlBlockingThread.run(BlBlockingThread.java:95)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.oaklandsw.http.v.k(v.java:781)

at com.oaklandsw.http.v.c(v.java:829)

at com.oaklandsw.http.v.b(v.java:765)

at com.oaklandsw.http.HttpURLConnection.a(HttpURLConnection.java:1634)

at com.oaklandsw.http.jb.a(jb.java:2586)

at com.oaklandsw.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:1526)

at com.bladelogic.om.infra.app.util.DownloadServer.downloadFile(DownloadServer.java:100)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.ShavlikResult.downloadShavlikFilesInternal(ShavlikResult.java:296)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.ShavlikResult.downloadShavlikFilesOnFileServer(ShavlikResult.java:151)

at com.bladelogic.om.patch.model.job.ShavlikResult.downloadAndGetConfigFileLocation(ShavlikResult.java:217)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:115)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod(ConstructorResolver.java:435)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateUsingFactoryMethod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Patch Global Configuration is configured with Poxy.

proxy.jpg

When I try download the .cab files using BladeLogic appears an error but if I try to download the .cab files, using Internet Explorer I can download the files.

download01.jpg

download02.jpg

download03.jpg

It is affect to can see the HotFixes in the live browse view?

The update of Patch catalog run successfully.

patch catalog.jpg

• 7. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

This is connection problem with the network to get the shavlik files. 

Can you check your proxy logs ? if it is going through that ?

Also, I can there is no username and password for your NTLM proxy in patch global config , Is that correct ?

If yes, try using the values 'dummy', 'dummy' for user name and password, I remember there was some issue with blank username and password in Patch Proxy.

Also, the Patch Catalog update was successful ?, has it added/updated any Hotfixes items?

Let me know.

Thanks,

ROhit

• 8. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

That does seem like a proxy issue but I cant say for sure. Can you verify in autolic.conf that you have the correct proxy settings? I think it is located under /NSH/share.

I think it's odd that you can run an update patch catalog job. Is that defined as an online patch catalog?

• 9. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

Why do you think it will be in Autolic.conf ??

The HTTP proxy for the complete APpserver environement can be set using blasadmin , HTTPProxy section

For all Patch related things, the proxy has to be specified in the Patch Global COnfiguration.

ROhit

• 10. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

It was a novice guess, I found a separate e-mail thread which discussed problems with browsing hotfixes and that last e-mail I got was this:

To:
                            Cc:
                            Subject: Re: hotfix live browse problem

guys,

wrong configuration on autolic.conf(proxy settings)

I figured it could be worth a try. But as you say, he does specify proxy settings on Patch level so this shouldn't be an issue

• 11. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse

Thats okay !

Oscar, you should check the following

Can you check your proxy logs ? if it is going through that ?

Also, I can there is no username and password for your NTLM proxy in patch global config , Is that correct ?

If yes, try using the values 'dummy', 'dummy' for user name and password, I remember there was some issue with blank username and password in Patch Proxy.

Also, the Patch Catalog update was successful ?, has it added/updated any Hotfixes items?

Let me know.

Thanks,

ROhit

• 12. Re: The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse
                                Oscar Avila

Hi.

I can't see the proxy logs, The Proxy manager told me that there aren't user and password for the conection across the proxy but I try with 'dummy' and isn't working.

The Partc Catalog is updating everyday successful and in some dates there are added or updated items.

patch catalog02.jpg

Thank you.

• 13. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse
                                  Christopher Dale

Hello ,

Try renameing the files that are configured in Patch configuration from .cab to .xml the cab is the XML inside a zip and for some reason some servers don't like to decommpress the cab. the file size is small so it causes little change in download performance

Chris

• 14. The HotFixes are not displayed in the live browse
                                    Oscar Avila

Hi.

I renamed the files from .cab to .xml but is the same result, Thank you.

1 2 Previous Next