1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 3:22 PM by Anne Brock

Incident Console filter by Assigned and Owner Groups

Share This:

When selecting Assigned to my selected groups or Assigned to all my groups the Incident Console display those tickets where you are in the Assigned or Owner group.  Is there any way to configure this to only show where you are in teh Assigned group only and not consider the Owner group without a customization?  I know you can use the Overview Console and set the Application Preferences but then you lose the Quick Actions functionality that is available on the Incident Console.

• 1. Incident Console filter by Assigned and Owner Groups
          Anne Brock

Answered via email - read bottom up:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if it’s something everyone wants, you can also have the admin build the filter and make it available on the list that everyone sees.

The form that holds the searches is “SYS:Predefined Queries”

When you build one, it is placed under “My Searches” as the query type.

Change it to “Defined searches” and then everyone can see it.

It’s a very cool thing, actually, and a great addition to our consoles!

Subject: RE: Incident Console filter by Assigned and Owner Groups

As I’m thinking about this, they would actually only need to build two additional Filters.  One which looked for their defined groups in the Assigned Group field and one where their defined groups were in the Owner Group field.  They could then apply this filter to any of the Show values.  I think I like it.  Thanks Anne.

Is our recommendation to have every support staff person with access to the Incident Console create their own personal Filter By rules that simulate what’s available on the Overview Console?  For example, if Allen was a member of three support groups he should create 8 Filter By rules (three where each group is Assigned Group, three where each group is Owner, one where any of the three groups is Assigned Group, and one where any of the three groups is Owner).  Just trying to get my head around this before explaining to the customer.  Thanks.

Customers are doing that through defining a personal filter where you set Assignee = Allen (or whoever the user is)  . Works great