4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2011 12:46 PM by Bill Robinson

Create Virtual Guest

Daniel Martinez

Hi everybody. I´ve a problem when I try to create a virtual guest.

The command I´m using and the results is:

Blcli -v BLAdmin -r BLAdmins Virtualization createVirtualGuest "//clowda04/d/APPS/VGPJob.xml"

Command execution failed.  JNI file copy from '//clowda04/d/APPS/VGPJob.xml' to

'/D/Software/NSH/tmp/application_server/blcliinfile_05dfef11-270a-4bb9-af5d-3a09

1fc35968.tmp' failed: : No such file or directory

I´ve reviewed the xml file and it is in the correct path. Could you help me ?

Thank you.

Daniel 

• 1. Create Virtual Guest
          Bill Robinson

as the user running the blcli command, can you use nsh to get to that location?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Create Virtual Guest
            Hemal Shah

The user either do not have permissions to access "//clowda04/d/APPS/VGPJob.xml", or do not have write permissions to '/D/Software/NSH/tmp/'.

Check exports/user.local file on both the machines.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Create Virtual Guest
              Daniel Martinez

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

I´ve managed to resolve this issue, sorry at hte end my path wasn´t correct. I tried again with the correct path and It startted working!!!.

But Now I´ve have another issue. Before using deployment of Virtual Guest through BLCLI, I had tried it through Badelogic Console. But I have some problems with this:

1. I´ve created a VGP job from a VGP based on a W2008-R2 VMware Template.
              The template is verified and it´s ok, you can deploy a virtual machine correctly directly from Vcenter.
              But when you launch the VGP job, the machine stops with a hardware error message in it first boot.

(typical menu when SO is booting (black screen) two options: "safe mode" or "start normally".

If you "start normally", the machine gets loading the SO ok,  but the job continue running for 1 hour more and at the

end it gives the following warning back: "Error looking up current user's privileges: Access is denied."

The machine is totally created, althouth the job fails.

2. The second VGP is based on a W2008-SP2 vmware template. 
              If you deploy a irtual machine directly from the template from Vcenter it works ok. But when you lauch a VGP job, the

job the boot SO error message doesn´t appear but the job is still running for 1 hour more until it fails. And gives

it back the same warning: "Error looking up current user's privileges: Access is denied.

3. The third VGP is based on a W2k3 vmware template. The template is OK again.
              When you launch the VGP JOB, it finish with the same warnings than the others, but the JOB finish correctly in 10 min.

But, machine is not correctly added to the BLconsole. The machine icon appear in the BLconsole like a "computer", not like a "Windows flag".

I could see that the VGP job is created sucessfully (W2k8-R2 and W2k8-SP2) when the mark "customize OS" in the VGP job is not marked. So you can deploy a machine but you can not customize it.... Any idea?. Thank you.

• 4. Create Virtual Guest
                Bill Robinson

are you still having these errors?

where do you see the message 'Error looking up current user's privileges: Access is denied.' - is that coming out of vmware ?  or in the VGJ log ?