3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2011 7:11 AM by Bill Robinson

Changes Tracking in BBSA

Siddu angadi

Hi,

I have few questions on Change Tracking in BBSA. Can you please someone answer my querries?

1. If edit the file by browsing through Filesystem under Live View of Server, does this activity get tracked in BBSA and BBDS SA?  If it is tracked where it will be stored?

2. If connect server through NSH and do some changes. Does this Activity get tracked? if so where I can find in BBSA and BBDS SA?

Thanks

Siddu

• 1. Re: Changes Tracking in BBSA
          Bill Robinson

You need to have a snapshot job scheduled to run on some interval to capture the changes.  As long as that job is running, and snapshots the appropriate data, you will have the delta information in BBSA and BDSSA.

Then it doesn’t matter how you change the file.

• 2. Changes Tracking in BBSA
            Siddu angadi

Hi,

Do you mean that, if I do not take snapshot and if anyone make changes on files through BBSA Live view, then changes will not be tracked?

Also if I install some rpms or shell file by taking NSH to server, How this will be tracked?

Thanks

Siddu

• 3. Changes Tracking in BBSA
              Bill Robinson

The only way to catch changes is to run snapshot jobs.

You can make changes to the server however you want.  via ssh, console login, nsh, another automation tool, etc.  bladelogic is comparing what is in the previous snapshot for the particular element to what the on the server when the next job runs.

You should note that the snapshot job should target specific configuration elements, not the whole server.  the snapshot job is not designed to snapshot