4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 7:28 AM by Hemal Shah

Provisioning issue: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011

Hi All,

I am working on provisioning configuration and I get the following error when I boot a machine to do bare metal provisioning

provisioning.png

My environment is BL 7.6 installed on SUSE Linux (x86) using Oracle 11G DB

PXE/TFTP/DHCP all the services are running, when I check the PXE log file I see the following message, all the services (PXE/TFTP/DHCP) except DB are running on same server.

[15 Aug 2011 21:58:35,200] [main] [INFO] [::] [] IP address obtained [fe80:0:0:0:20c:29ff:fec9:4b3c%2] is not recognized by the PXE Server

If IPv6 is enabled on this server please add following environment variable in <BL_INSTALL_PATH>/br/blpxe script.

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true and restart the PXE server service.

[15 Aug 2011 21:58:35,201] [Thread-0] [INFO] [::] [] Undeploying

as per the instruction I went and added -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in /usr/nsh/br/blpxe file and restarted all the services, server but I am getting the same message in PXE log file.

My DHCPD.conf file is as below

allow booting;

allow bootp;

allow duplicates;

always-broadcast on;

authoritative;

ddns-update-style none;

default-lease-time 14400;

option bl-server code 211 = ip-address;

option bl-port code 212 = unsigned integer 16;

subnet 192.168.65.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {

range 192.168.65.100 192.168.65.120;

default-lease-time 14400;

max-lease-time 172800;

option routers 192.168.65.2;

option vendor-class-identifier "PXEClient";

option bl-server 192.168.65.70;

option bl-port 9831;

}

I looked in communities for the same (-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true) but could not find much information, so any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Santosh

• 1. Provisioning issue: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011

I got this working, had to disable IPV6 on the PXE server for this to work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Provisioning issue: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011
            Bill Robinson

There should be an option to pass to pxe startup to tell it to ignore ipv6.  There should be a message about that in the pxe.log when ipv6 is enabled on the host.

• 3. Provisioning issue: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011

Hi Bill,

As per the instruction in PXE log I went and added -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true in /usr/nsh/br/blpxe file and restarted all the services, server but I was getting the same message in PXE log file. Below is my blpxe file

#!/bin/sh
              #
              BLADELOGIC_HOME=/usr/nsh
              JAVA_HOME=/usr/nsh/br/java
              BLDEPLOY=$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br
              STDLIB=$BLDEPLOY/stdlib
              CLASSPATH=$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/deployments:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar:$STDLIB:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/bladelogic.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/blas-1.4.0.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/blas-locale-1.4.0.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/bllocale.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/blmigration-tools.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/blmigration.jar:$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br/jconsole-adapter.jar:$STDLIB/SNMP4J-agent.jar:$STDLIB/SNMP4J.jar:$STDLIB/activation.jar:$STDLIB/animation-1.1.jar:$STDLIB/arapi71.jar:$STDLIB/arcmn71.jar:$STDLIB/arrpc71.jar:$STDLIB/arutil71.jar:$STDLIB/aspectjlib.jar:$STDLIB/aspectjrt.jar:$STDLIB/aspectjtools.jar:$STDLIB/aspectjweaver.jar:$STDLIB/authapi-5.0.3.176.jar:$STDLIB/bcmail-jdk15-136.jar:$STDLIB/bcprov-jdk15-136.jar:$STDLIB/binding-1.0.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1-anttasks.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1-codegen.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1-ddlgen.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1-jdo.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1-xml.jar:$STDLIB/castor-1.1.2.1.jar:$STDLIB/civiewer.jar:$STDLIB/cmdbapi21.jar:$STDLIB/commons-beanutils.jar:$STDLIB/commons-codec-1.3.jar:$STDLIB/commons-collections-3.2.jar:$STDLIB/commons-configuration-1.3.jar:$STDLIB/commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar:$STDLIB/commons-digester-1.7.jar:$STDLIB/commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar:$STDLIB/commons-lang-2.2.jar:$STDLIB/commons-logging-1.1.jar:$STDLIB/commons-pool-1.3.jar:$STDLIB/concurrent.jar:$STDLIB/forms-1.0.5.jar:$STDLIB/http.jar:$STDLIB/jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar:$STDLIB/jaxp.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-common.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-container.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-dependency.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-jmx.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-microcontainer.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-remoting.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-system.jar:$STDLIB/jboss-xml-binding.jar:$STDLIB/jconsole-1.5.6.jar:$STDLIB/jdbc-se2.0.jar:$STDLIB/jdom.jar:$STDLIB/jlibdiff.jar:$STDLIB/jnpserver.jar:$STDLIB/jta1.0.1.jar:$STDLIB/log4j-1.2.4.jar:$STDLIB/looks-1.1.2.jar:$STDLIB/mailapi.jar:$STDLIB/mssqlserver.jar:$STDLIB/namespace.jar:$STDLIB/not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.10.jar:$STDLIB/objectprofiler.jar:$STDLIB/oncrpc.jar:$STDLIB/oracle.jar:$STDLIB/parser.jar:$STDLIB/smtp.jar:$STDLIB/spin.jar:$STDLIB/spring.jar:$STDLIB/ws-commons-util-1.0.1.jar:$STDLIB/xalan.jar:$STDLIB/xercesImpl.jar:$STDLIB/xml-apis.jar:$STDLIB/xml-writer.jar:$STDLIB/xmlrpc-client-3.0.jar:$STDLIB/xmlrpc-common-3.0.jar:$STDLIB/xmlrpc-server-3.0.jar:$STDLIB/xpp3_min-1.1.3.4.O.jar:$STDLIB/xstream-1.2.1.jar:$STDLIB/jboss.jar
              PIDFILE=$BLDEPLOY/blpxe.pid

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

PATH=/usr/nsh/bin:/usr/nsh/sbin:$PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:=}${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:}$BLADELOGIC_HOME/lib

export JAVA_HOME CLASSPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH

echo $$ > $PIDFILE

cd $BLDEPLOY
              $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xss1m -Dblx.bmlistendhcp=true -Dblx.rootdir=$BLADELOGIC_HOME -Dblx.cmrootdir=$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br -classpath $CLASSPATH com.bladelogic.pxe.PxeMain $@
              rm -f $PIDFILE

Regards

Santosh

• 4. Provisioning issue: proxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011
                Hemal Shah

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true should be added as an argument to the PxeMain call. Remove the line you added in your previous post and add it at :

$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xss1m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dblx.bmlistendhcp=true -Dblx.rootdir=$BLADELOGIC_HOME -Dblx.cmrootdir=$BLADELOGIC_HOME/br -classpath $CLASSPATH com.bladelogic.pxe.PxeMain $@

1 of 1 people found this helpful