9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 2:18 PM by Bill Robinson RSS

Questions on installing Jython

Ryan NameToUpdate

I have installed jython on my local machine and followed the steps in the BLCLI help. When testing whether jython is in fact working via NSH, I get the following:

W7% bljython

nsh: command not found: bljython

The question is, should jython be installed on my local workstation (Win7 x64) or on the application server? The BLCLI help is not clear in that regard.

-Ryan

• 1. Re: Questions on installing Jython
          Bill Robinson

Install jython wherever the jython scripts will run from.

• 2. Questions on installing Jython
            Ryan NameToUpdate

Understood. Eventually I'll have to install on the application server so the jython scripts can run from there, but for now I want to run jython locally.

Any ideas on what the problem could be then with my local installation? I used Jython 2.5.2 and we're running 8.1.0.295 of BBSAS.

• 3. Questions on installing Jython
              Bill Robinson

bljython is not in your path.  it should be in <install>/NSH/br or <install>/NSH/bin

• 4. Questions on installing Jython
                Ryan NameToUpdate

Both <install>/NSH/br and <install>/NSH/bin are in my path. When I run "bljython" from a command prompt it is found, but when I run "bljython" from a NSH prompt it is not found.

• 5. Re: Questions on installing Jython
                  Bill Robinson

Echo $PATH in the nsh shell?  What’s in your path?

• 6. Re: Questions on installing Jython
                    Ryan NameToUpdate

W7% bljython

nsh: command not found: bljython

W7% echo $PATH

/cygdrive/C/Program Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/bin:/cygdrive/C/

Program Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/sbin:/cygdrive/C/Program Fil

es (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/bin:/cygdrive/c/oracle/product/11.2.0/c

lient_1/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows

/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0/:/cygdrive/c/

Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn/:/cygdrive/c/Program Fil

es/Microsoft SQL Server/100/Tools/Binn/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SQL

Server/100/DTS/Binn/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Server/100/To

ols/Binn/VSShell/Common7/IDE/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SQL Serv

er/100/DTS/Binn/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/WinMerge:/cygdrive/c/Program Fi

les/System Center Operations Manager 2007/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Front

Range Solutions/Service Management/:/cygdrive/c/Windows/idmu/common:/cygdrive/c/Progr

am Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Tor

toiseSVN/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/BMC Software/BladeLogic/8.1/NSH/br:

/cygdrive/c/Program Files/System Center Operations Manager 2007/

* The last two PATH entries are there when I "echo %PATH%" from a CMD prompt. The first three entries are being added to PATH by some other method (NSH?).

• 7. Re: Questions on installing Jython
                      Ryan NameToUpdate

I was digging around in <install>/NSH/bin & <install>/NSH/br, and I noticed that there is no "bljython.exe" or "bljython.cfg"...but there is "bljythonexe.exe" and "bljythonexe.cfg".

For testing whether jython is installed properly, the BLCLI help states to run "bljython". If I switch to use "bljythonexe" instead, all is well. I ended up renaming "bljythonexe.exe" to just "bljython.exe" in \bin (and the "bljythonexe.cfg" to "bljython.cfg" in \br), and that worked as well.

Not sure whether its just the BLCLI help that isn't correct or whether I should have "bljython.exe" rather than "bljythonexe.exe" from the installation.

• 8. Re: Questions on installing Jython
                        Ryan NameToUpdate

Bill or whomever can answer: Should this situation be raised to support for correcting the mismatch in naming (or correcting the documentation)?

• 9. Re: Questions on installing Jython
                          Bill Robinson

is there a bljython.bat?

if so, from w/in nsh you need to run 'bljython.bat'.