3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 3:20 AM by Scott Dunbar

Maximum Password Age

maximum password age is set at 60 days and I want to remediate to 30 days.

using OOTB remediation package CIS1.1.2  set at 60 days but amended by me to 30 days.

I created a job using the above package and it ran successfully Simulate Stage Commit all green ticks, however it did not alter the servers setting to 30 days.

The only possible problem I can find is that the log after saying successfully applied states          Unrecognized option:-UnregAllCOM

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Remediation

That error message has to do with the “register COM objects” option in your job. You can ignore that. Is this system part of a domain? If so, the Domain could be enforcing the policy.

• 2. Re: Remediation

Hi Adam

Domain policy does govern the policy but the GPO update is run every 90

minutes therefore for testing purposes I should be able to remediate it

as required and at least see the result before GPO is automatically

I will have to change the GPO for permanent change but all I am trying

to do is test that the  remediation packages work.

• 3. Re: Remediation
              Scott Dunbar

Policy is enforced until that policy is changed, so one is not allowed to change a setting that is enforced by policy until that policy is changed by an update.