1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 9:33 AM by wali NameToUpdate

PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Hi,

I am trying to execute the following command and it fails

"blcli_execute PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob "Test_Analysis_Job" "/Patch2003/Windows2003_Patch_Analysis" ibm-westpac /c/tmp/include.txt /c/tmp/exclude.txt true false false true true"

I get the following error

"Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Name space : PatchAnalysisJob has no commands by name : createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob"

Also I could not find help for this command "PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob" on BLCLI help

Here I am trying to create a Patch Analysis job and using the following files as input (include.txt and exclude.txt) which has the patches. Also I need to know what should be the format of these files or creating the patch analysis job i.e the file should have just the patch names on eact line or should be seperated by a comma etc.

In my Environment I have BBSA 8.0 sp6, Please can you guys help me out, thanks in advance

Regards

Santosh

• 1. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
          Bill Robinson

You want ‘PatchingJob’ not ‘PatchAnalysisJob’

• 2. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Hello Bill,

I want to create a patch analysis job through BLCLI and 'PatchingJob' option also fails, I tried creating the following using blcli

When I use blcli_execute command

"blcli_execute  PatchingJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob "Test_Script" "/Patch2003/Windows2003_Patch_Analysis" ibm-westpac /c/tmp/white.txt /c/tmp/black.txt true false false true true"

the following message is displayed

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Name space : PatchingJob has no commands by name : createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob

When I use blcli command

blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob "Test_Script" "/Patch2003/Windows2003_Patch_Analysis" ibm-westpac /c/tmp/white.txt /c/tmp/black.txt true false false true true

the following message is displayed

Unknown command : name space = 'PatchingJob', command = 'createWindowsPatchAnaly

sisJob'.com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Name space : Patchi

ngJob has no commands by name : createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob

I am not able to find anything about createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob in blcli help but this is mentioned in few discussions.

I have attached the snapshot of my Bladelogic folder tree structure below

tree structure.PNG

Also I used the following to create an new Patch Analysis job 

PAJ=win2k3_Patch_Analysis

JOB_GROUP=/Patch2003/Windows2003_Patch_Analysis

CATALOG_NAME=/Patch2003/Catalog/Windows2003_Catalog

TARGET_SERVER=win2k3-bcan

blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins PatchingJob createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup $PAJ $JOB_GROUP $TARGET_SERVER  $CATALOG_NAME  /c/tmp/white.txt /c/tmp/black.txt true false false false

but getting a error message

Command execution failed.  Invalid qualified group name : win2k3-bcan

I tried to change the TARGERT_SERVER=/Windows 2003/win2k3-bcan, but am getting the same error.

Not able to create patch anlysis job with any of the commands, I dont know where I am going wrong.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Santosh

• 3. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
              Bill Robinson

PatchingJob creaetWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup, createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

HI Bill,

Sorry as I might be asking straightforward stuff, but its not working in my environment.

I tried using "PatchingJob createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServe"r for creating Patch Analysis job as below

PAJ=win2k3_Patch_Analysis

blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins PatchingJob createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup $PAJ $JOB_GROUP $TARGET_SERVER  $CATALOG_NAME  /c/tmp/white.txt /c/tmp/black.txt true false false false

but getting a error message

Command execution failed.  Invalid qualified group name : win2k3-bcan

I tried to change the TARGET_SERVER=/Windows 2003/win2k3-bcan, but am getting the same error.

I have attached the snapshot of my Bladelogic folder tree structure below, please can you tell where I am going wrong.

tree structure.PNG

Contents of my white.txt is

Q2259922

Q2121546

Q981957

Q982132
                Q2279986
                Q2296011

Content of blacl.txt is

Q2279986

Q2296011

Regards

Santosh

• 5. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
                  Gerardo Bartoccini

You're using createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup rather than createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServer, aren't you?

This would require a server group name rather than a server name

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification, I used createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServer to create the Patch analysis job and it was created, below is my BLCLI

PAJ=win2k3_Patch_Analysis_newest

blcli -v defaultProfile -r BLAdmins PatchingJob createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServer $PAJ $JOB_GROUP $TARGET_SERVER  $CATALOG_NAME  /c/tmp/white.lst /c/tmp/black.lst false false false false

This created a Patch Analysis Job for me, but in analysis option the include/exclude list was not selected and the smart groups I mentioned in white.lst and hotfixes in black.lst are not shown in Analysis option list, below is the screenshot of my newly created Patch analysis Job (win2k3_Patch_Analysis_newest)

analysis Option.PNG

The content of my white.lst and black.lst is below

White.lst

/Patch2003/Catalog/Windows2003_Catalog/Critical

/Patch2003/Catalog/Windows2003_Catalog/Hotfixes

These smartgroups are in my Catalog (Windows2003_Catalog) as shown below

catalog.PNG

black.lst

Q2279986

Q2296011

I am trying to create a PAJ using blcli with existing smartgroups as inclusion (white.lst) and want to add some hotfixes to exclusion (black.lst),

I know from analysis either I can select Group or List but I didnt see an option to select list while creating a PAJ from blcli.

Please can you guys help me out with this, this will be appreciated.

Regards

Santosh

• 7. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

I am now able to create the PAJ from blcli successfully, using include and exclude list. earlier it was problem with the format of one of these files. I was saving the xclude file with Qnumbers but the actual patch name should be provided in the file. Thanks guys for your help, it is appreciated.

Regards

Santosh

• 8. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
                        Bill Robinson

How long does it take for the blcli to create the job?  and what version of blade are you working with?

• 9. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Bill,

I am using Bladelogic 8.0 SP6 and  It takes around 3-4 minutes for the blcli to create this Patch Analysis Job. Can we improve the performance ? are there any blcli performace commands for this ?

I saw in couple of discussion guys using "blcli_execute PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob" but this did not work for me. Any inputs in improving the performance would be helpfull, as we will be creating these PAJ during runtime while provisioning the server (From AO).

Regards

Santosh

• 10. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
                            Bill Robinson

We found this performance issue already, and we’re working to fix it.  I wanted to find out if you were hitting it or not and what version.  the ‘PatchAnalysisJob’ is now a sort of hidden job that’s a child of the PatchingJob, so you never create or manipulate those directly in 8.x. i believe we’ve targeted the next SP for the fix.

If you want to track the defect, open a ticket w/ support and say you are hitting QM001711912 and support can link to the defect and you can see the status I believe.  you can tell them to contact me if they have questions.

• 11. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Bill, Thanks for the information.. I will open a ticket with support and will know further details.

Regards

Santosh

• 12. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

Hi Bill.

Is it possible to create Patch Analysis Job in 8.2 if yes then How?

• 13. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error

See the PatchingJob namespace. Depending on the OS you can decide the command. See the 8.2 blcli help

PatchingJob : createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

• 14. Re: PatchAnalysisJob createWindowsPatchAnalysisJob gives error
                                    Paul Seager-Smith

As Bill mentioned, when dealing with blcli in 8.x, you have to work with the PatchingJob object (see the blcli help).

There are a number of create commands associated with this that can be used to create the Analysis jobs for each OS:

createAixPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

createAixPatchingJobWithTargetServer

createDownloadJobForMissingPatches

createOtherLinuxPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

createOtherLinuxPatchingJobWithTargetServer

createRedhatPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

createRedhatPatchingJobWithTargetServer

createSolarisPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

createSolarisPatchingJobWithTargetServer

createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetGroup

createWindowsPatchingJobWithTargetServer

Regards,