10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2013 12:42 PM by Saroj Sahu RSS

Change/SRM Status Issue

Andy NameToUpdate

Hi

A SR is created from SRM  Portal (and it has tasks associated through templates).When the last task is closed ,Change gets auto completed.

Now the Status is completed of change but its not being pushed to SR Portal back & user still sees Status "In Progress" In SR Portal.

If we pick up samechange ,do not change anything but manually select status to Completed (Its already completed).Status in SR get completed.

It happening only when change is auto closed.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Appreciate nay help!

Thanks

Andy

• 1. Change/SRM Status Issue
    RM Raja

Hi,

We are also phasing same issue, better raise a ticket with BMC Supoort team.

No further option for this issue.

Regards

Raju M.

• 2. Change/SRM Status Issue
    celsoalonso

Hello

As far as I know the ServiceRequest gests completed when the Change Status=Completed and StatusReason="Final Review Complete".

Have you checked the value of the StatusReason?

Regards, Celso

• 3. Change/SRM Status Issue
    talean

I have the same issue on version ITSM / SRM 7.6.04 p02 and ARS 7.6.04 p03.

The case is when Change gets to Status = CLOSED, Status Reason = SUCCESSFUL the SRM stauts moves to status = In Progress. Please see picture.

chg-srm.PNG

Please tell me what is wrong with that behaviour or maybe I missed something?

Thx.

• 4. Change/SRM Status Issue
    Jacek Stasieluk

Hello,

It's really strange, but i cannot reproduce this error on my OOTB environment. When I click NEXT STAGE on change (in Implementation phase) and i close the record - my REQ also close itself.change from req.JPG

Question is, what i missed

• 5. Change/SRM Status Issue
    talean

We can do demonstration on my server (sharing desktop) and you will see it. If you need any additional information please let me know - I will send it. But for sure all is configured OTB with no DELTAS on server.

Many thanks!

• 6. Change/SRM Status Issue
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

ok if you are experiencing that 'closing the last task'(assuming that you have only one Change as fulfillment request as part of your SR) is setting the Change status to Completed but not the SR status to completed?

if yes while closing the last task of the Change Request trigger the Filter logs and post it here....

• 7. Re: Change/SRM Status Issue
    Michiel Heijmans

The OOTB change management functionality synchronizes the change status with the corresponding SRM request status. The OOTB synchronization functionality does not work when the change status change is triggered from an action that is taken on an implementation task. This happens 2x for implementation tasks:

• When the status of the first implementation task is set to In Progress, the status of the change changes to Implementation in Progress
    • When the status of the last implementation task is set to Closed, the status of the change changes to Completed, with status reason Final Review Required

In those cases, the SRM request status is not updated. This leads to inconsistencies between change and SRM request status.

The OOTB functionality synchronized the SRM request status before the change status change triggered by the task action is processed. Therefore the status of the change and the SRM request are not in sync anymore. To correct this, the SRM request status procedure has to be triggered after the change status is changed by the action taken on the implementation task.

Change:

CHG:Infrastructure Change

Filter overlaids:

·        INT:CHGTMS:CRQ:EventReceiveStatusChange_TaskWIP

o   This filter sets the change status to Implementation in Progress when the first implementation task status is set to In Progress

o   The change status to Implementation in Progress should set the SRM request status to In Progress, but that does not happen

o   Added an extra action to call the guide that synchronizes the SRM request status INT:SRMCHG:CRQ:ModifyChange_SyncSR

·        INT:CHGTMS:CRQ:EventReceiveLastChild_TaskComplete

o   This filter sets the change status to Completed when the last implementation task status is set to Completed

o   The change status to Completed should set the SRM request status to Completed, but that does not happen

o   Added an extra action to call the guide that synchronizes the SRM request status INT:SRMCHG:CRQ:ModifyChange_SyncSR

ThiThis should do the trick.

ChCheers,

M Michiel

• 8. Re: Change/SRM Status Issue
    Ashwanth Padmanaban

hey i dint analyze much nor tested but for me it looks like

INT:CHGTMS:CRQ:EventReceiveLastChild_TaskComplete  this guy should fire before this INT:SRMCHG:CRQ:ModifyChange_CallGuide_LOCAL

i feel if we adjust the execution order of this filter:INT:SRMCHG:CRQ:ModifyChange_CallGuide_LOCAL to fire after 900...may be it just works...

another way of doing this and also if we see INT:CHGTMS:CRQ:EventReceiveLastChild_TaskComplete this is the filter whhich is setting the status of the change to completed so this filter ideally should fire way before9in the 100 exuction orders) but i dont know why it was made to fire 900...so once the status is changed then only all other filters like this sync filter and all should fire as per me.....

• 9. Re: Change/SRM Status Issue
    Michiel Heijmans

Hi Ashwanth,

That could also be an option. I didn't want (or dare ) to change the OOTB execution order. Therefore I just added an extra action in the OOTB workflow that does the trick.

Cheers,

Michiel

• 10. Re: Change/SRM Status Issue
    Saroj Sahu

In which version is this happening?

This looks like a defect that when the CR is moved to Completed as a result of task status transition. I would recommend raising this to BMC support instead of doing code customizations as such code changes may lead to upgrade issues if this gets resolved in a future version.