Have you set up the Data Exchange under Integration Obejcts. Try doing it and setting up the connection there. You can specify the External Data Store Connection information from the connection settings there and test the cennection from there (you can set using WIndows Authentication there). This created a automatic record under connections for me, with all the necesaary information.
Yup, done that too but same problem,we are now trying to get a user id with SQL or Mixed mode authentication to the db. Please provide any more suggestions.
Have you tried connecting to the SQL Server from the ITSM/Remedy database server? Login to the database server and use SQL Management Studio to see if you can successfully connect from there. Also, run a tracert to the destination server to see if you can get the connection set up at a network level
Okay, thanx for replying.
I ran a tracert, there is no packet loss. We can also connect to the db server using SQL Mgmt studio. I would like to mention that the id which we are using to login to Mgmt studio is different from the login ID for the application server. Is there a connection between that?
Also, even though we can login to the Mgmt studio using a ID (Windows authentication), that user is not a admin user. Does it have to be a admin user?
I have tried changing the "logon" options for the AIE instance services and configured it to use the windows user ID but its not helping.
Unfortunately we do not have the details for "sa" user, but I have strong doubts that the problem is only because of the user ID which we are using.
kindly provide more suggestions when pos Thanks
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Is the database on the same domain as your AR and AR database server?
You can also check with the IP address of the SQL server instead of the name.
Not having the same ID should not matter nor should the user not being an admin user cause problems. From the error message it looks like to be a domain issue. If it is on a different domain, then you might have only a part of the domian information present.
Hey thanx for the suggestions , i did both, both application & Db server are in same domain, tried using the IP address of the Db server instead of the name. Just not able to get why it is throwing "NOT USED".
checking for the windows account permissions now...
Oh, that happens when the authentication is set to Windows Authentication. I was able to replicate that too. If I try to do a new configuration parameter for SQL server and select the Enable Windows Authentication, it defaults to NOT_USED in the login name. But, I am able to successfull complete the connection test.
Okay, unlike SQL it doesn't show the "domain name \ username" when Windows Authentication is used.
So this means it has to be a permission related issue for the windows accounts.