4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 2:59 PM by Brandon Gillis

    BDSSA 2.0 issue, "Invalid OM Database"

      Share This:

      We are using the TNSNames to connect to the databases. We get through  the connections to the two BDSSA databases without a problem but when we  arrive at the point where we must connect to the BBSA Core Database we  give it the correct TNS Name (BBSA) and the correct username and  password but it fails to connect and gives us the message "invalid OM  database".

       

      We are working to install the reports server on Solaris 10 SPARC. We have a functioning core BladeLogic 8.0 SP6 environment. We created both Databases for BDSSA with one being unicode and the other being US7ASCII. Our BBSA Core Database is also US7ASCII.

       

      Our Databases look like this:

      BBSA Core Database: TNSName= BBSA  ip= 192.168.0.2 port= 1585 charset= US7ASCII

      BDSSA Portal Content Database: TNSName= BBDS  ip= 192.168.0.1 port= 1585 charset= AL32UTF8

      BDSSA Data Warehouse Database: TNSName= BDSSA  ip= 192.168.0.1 port=1586 charset= US7ASCII

       

      Clustering is Veritas Cluster Software (VCS)

       

      After reading through the communities we have tried all of the following:

       

      1. Make sure the tnsnames.ora file contains correct entries for all three databases and is on all of the database servers as well as the reports server. DONE: Did not solve it

      2. Make sure if the password has special characters to enclose it in quotation marks. DONE: No special characters in our password but we tried it both ways anyways and it did not fix the problem.

      3. Make sure you can sqlplus to the BDSSA Databases from the reports server. DONE: Working correctly.

       

      We have triple checked all of the tnsnames.ora files on the servers and they all appear to be correct.

       

      What we believe may be causing it is that these databases are on a cluster. We are using virtual ip's to connect to them. Our BDSSA databases are on 192.168.0.1 ports 1585 (unicode) and 1586 (US7ASCII) (for example only) and our BBSA database is on 192.168.0.2 port 1585(US7ASCII) but they are all actually in a cluster residing on the physical address 192.168.0.3. Our reports server is 192.168.1.1.

       

      All of the ports are opened correctly (judged by using telnet from each server to the other)

       

      I am including the tnsnames.ora file below.

       

      Please let me know if there is something else we can try, I have opened a ticket with support but figured I would ask the community as well.

      tnsnames.ora:

       

      BBSA =

        (DESCRIPTION =

          (ADDRESS_LIST =

            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.2)(PORT = 1585))

          )

          (CONNECT_DATA =

            (SERVICE_NAME = BBSA)

          )

        )

       

      BBDS =

        (DESCRIPTION =

          (ADDRESS_LIST =

            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.1)(PORT = 1585))

          )

          (CONNECT_DATA =

            (SERVICE_NAME = BBDS )

          )

        )

       

      BDSSA =

        (DESCRIPTION =

          (ADDRESS_LIST =

            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.1)(PORT = 1586))

          )

          (CONNECT_DATA =

            (SERVICE_NAME = BDSSA )

          )

        )