how is the new appserver setup? instances, max heap, etc ?
Just a single instance of the appserver and one process spawner running on the host. Appserver: -Xmx2048M, Process Spawner: -Xmx128M.
These are the same settings for the Solaris host.
how much physical memory in the new appserver? and you used the 64bit jvm on the new appserver?
With the new server I have 24GB memory, as far as 64bit I didn't change anything from the base install so I'm guessing not. Where would I find that configuration?
<blade instaldir>/br/java/bin/java -version
[root@fpapblog5 bin]# ./java -version
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode)
I was expecting something inside the app itself. There's definitely some room to expand memory allocation, just not sure how much to configure.
there's a few things to do:
for your immediate problem do this:
1 in the gui, go into infrastructure manager, the appserver launcher for the appsrver, edit the existing deployment and set the max heap to 4g or 4096m.
2 edit the br/blappserv file and change Xmx2048m to Xmx512m
3 restart the appserver w/ the init script
try and run your blcli export again.
for better scaling you should think about this:
1 1x config,nsh_proxy instance 4g heap
2 3x job instance 4g heap each
and then delete the original 'all' instance.
if you want to keep the 98xx ports for the config instance you'll need to create a temp config instance, log into that, delete the old 'all', make a new instance on 98xx, then log into that and remove the temp config instance.
Thanks for the suggestions, will need to read up a bit more on configuring multiple job servers
and another issue crops up. I'm unable to access the infrastructure management ui, after clicking on any object it just beach balls. I found in the firewall logs it's attempting to communicate on port 9700. This is on both new and old systems.
I'll have to go thru the process to get that port opened.
The port 9700 may not be directly related, the Infrastructure Management does return data, but takes a very long time to do so, around 15-20min for each refresh as I descend down into the server info.
You need 9700-9702 open from the gui to the appserver for the infra mgr gui to work.
Thanks Bill, finally got the ports open a few days ago. Made the heap size change, works great now. Still need to implement the other suggestions there.