2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 10:06 AM by Rob Slattery

Bulk Agent Installer Re: PSExec Errors

Rob Slattery

I've started receiving many errors within my Bulk Installer as of late and need some help figuring out what might be the cause.

Both errors reside around PSExec.exe.  Below are examples of two errors I'm receiving as well as three questions I have.

- Does the Bulk Agent Installer use the psexec.exe file which resides under Programe Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\8.0 during the install?

- If so, should I replace the psexec.exe with a newer version?

- Have you seen this issue before?  I've searched for about an hour on the knowledge base and cannot see anything pertaining to my errors.

ERROR ONE:

2011-04-20

2011-04-20 PsExec v1.97 - Execute processes remotelyCopyright (C) 2001-2009 Mark RussinovichSysinternals - www.sysinternals.comConnecting to fm-isysadmbox02...

Starting PsExec service on serverxyz...    Connecting with PsExec service on serverxyz...

The PsExec service running on serverxyz is an incompatible version.Local version:  190Remote version: 0

2011-04-20 ExitValue = 1150

2011-04-20 PsExec Command has failed with exit value - 1150

ERROR TWO:

PsExec v1.97 - Execute processes remotelyCopyright (C) 2001-2009 Mark RussinovichSysinternals - www.sysinternals.comAccess is denied.Connecting to server123...     Couldn't access fm-prdodu01a:Connecting to server123

ExitValue = 5

PsExec Command has failed with exit value - 5

• 1. Bulk Agent Installer Re: PSExec Errors
          Bill Robinson

these look like errors from psexec, so i'd use google...

• 2. Bulk Agent Installer Re: PSExec Errors
            Rob Slattery

Nope, actually just found out the errors were not really errors but the way the Bulk Installer was reporting back access issues.  Someone changed the local account password we use to install the rscd agent and instead of it sending back to us, "access denied," it said something was wrong with the psexec.exe which does not make sense.  If the Bulk Installer can't get into the server, why would the product respond to something that happens after a login?  Oh well, I guess it's just one of those things.

Oh, just received an e-mail that the Bulk Installer would be replaced with another product very soon anyways.