2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2011 8:10 AM by Steven Alexson

Restarting Specific BladeLogic Server on Command Line

Steven Alexson

BLADELOGIC 8.0 SP5

ORACLE 10g4

REDHAT 4AS

Our servers are configured with 1 Config server and 2 Job servers. Each of these is a seperate JVM on one physical server. Periodically, one or both of the Job Servers will hang or die. The remain server(s) continue to run. In the Infrastructure Management of the console I can restart an individual server process. Is there a way to do this on the command line, either through BLCLI or Jython? I have a monitor running that will send an SNMP trap to Atrium Orchestrator when one of the servers is down. Now I need a way for AO to restart the server. I am trying to avoid restarting the ENTIRE App Server (/etc/init.d/blappserver stop & start). This would cause the loss of any jobs running on the remain functioning servers, plus if both job servers go down, then the SNMP traps would cause 2 full restarts by AO.

Is it possible to restart an individual job server from the command line using ANY method?

• 1. Restarting Specific BladeLogic Server on Command Line
          Bill Robinson

blcli AppServerShutdown might help...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Restarting Specific BladeLogic Server on Command Line
            Steven Alexson

So, "blcli AppServerShutdown shutdownByServer..." allows me to shutdown a specific appserver successful, but how would I start it back up?

I tried "blcli AppServerShutdown resumeJobServices..." and "blcli AppServerShutdown resumeJobsByServer...", both generating the error:

java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: xxxxxxxxxxxx; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: xxxxxxxxxxx; nested exception is:
                    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

This makes sense to me since it would not be able to connect to the given appserver since it is shutdown. Is there a Java library that I can exercise through Jython to accomplish this? I am hoping there is since the Infrastructure Management tool in the console allows us to stop and start individual appserver instances.