5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 8:55 AM by Matthew Andrako

Notification on worklog update

Share This:

Dear all,

I need to create a filter that triggers an email notification when a support staff creates a worklog for an incident. The notification should include a message to the incident owner. Could you please help.

best regards,

Rock

• 1. Notification on worklog update
          Ashwanth Padmanabhan

Hmmm jus thinking of having one Filter on the HPD:Worklog which fires on the Submit action and pushes a record to the "NTE"Notifier" Form with all the necessary details like login_id, email address, subject, message for the Incident Owners....

May be you can create some display only fields on the HPD:WorkLog to fetch the values from HPD:HelpDesk regarding the Incident Owner details so on and so forth...

This way you can audit the Notification triggered for the WorkLog entry as well as we will cover up the Interface scenario as well.......

• 2. Notification on worklog update
            Suresh Kannan

Rock, Just Curious what you ended up doing. I am working on a similar request.

I am working on Creating a Notification when there is an Upldate to the HPD:WorkLog Form, I have done the Following so far

1. Created a Custom Event in NTE:SYS-Define NT Events Form(added an Entry in the Selection Field at the End for the Worklog Updates)

2. Created a Custom Event in NTE:CFG-Notification Events

3. Created a record in the SYS:Form Field Selection - for the HPD:WorkLog form to show in the Menu in SYS:Notification Messages

4. Created a record in the SYS:Notification Messages form for this New Event for the WorkLog Updates.

5 Created a Filter on Submit of HPD:WorkLog to push the values to NTE:SYS-NT process Control

and after the Push Field Action added the OOB Call Guide NTE:NPC:TranslateNTMessages for Translating the messages.

6. This is the OOB Filter which writes to the NTE:Notifier Form NTE:NPC:CreateNTS_NoBusTime_590_PNTS`!

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group: 1         >         0: Push Fields -> "NTE:NPC:CreateNTS_NoBusTime_590_PNTS`!" (ARERR 306)

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group: 1         > **** Error while performing filter action: Error 306

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group

The Error 306 is for the Value not in Range, My Question is, are there any other Steps in between I should have done or, If you anyone who has Created a New Notification event, Can share the Steps that you took, that would really be a Huge help!

Thank you

Suresh K

Hello All,

I am working on Creating a Notification when there is an Upldate to the HPD:WorkLog Form, I have done the Following so far

1. Created a Custom Event in NTE:SYS-Define NT Events Form(added an Entry in the Selection Field at the End for the Worklog Updates)

2. Created a Custom Event in NTE:CFG-Notification Events

3. Created a record in the SYS:Form Field Selection - for the HPD:WorkLog form to show in the Menu in SYS:Notification Messages

4. Created a record in the SYS:Notification Messages form for this New Event for the WorkLog Updates.

5 Created a Filter on Submit of HPD:WorkLog to push the values to NTE:SYS-NT process Control

and after the Push Field Action added the OOB Call Guide NTE:NPC:TranslateNTMessages for Translating the messages.

6. This is the OOB Filter which writes to the NTE:Notifier Form NTE:NPC:CreateNTS_NoBusTime_590_PNTS`!

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group: 1         >         0: Push Fields -> "NTE:NPC:CreateNTS_NoBusTime_590_PNTS`!" (ARERR 306)

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group: 1         > **** Error while performing filter action: Error 306

<FLTR> <TID: 2143278848> <RPC ID: 0001175575> <Queue: Escalation> <Client-RPC: 390603   > <USER: AR_ESCALATOR (Pool 2)                        > <Overlay-Group

The Error 306 is for the Value not in Range, My Question is, are there any other Steps in between I should have done or, If you anyone who has Created a New Notification event, Can share the Steps that you took, that would really be a Huge help!

Thank you

Suresh K

• 3. Notification on worklog update

Rock,

You can follow the steps given by suresh.. that should work... let me know if you face any issue in that.

take care of all the compulsary fields while pushing fields on process control form.

Regards,

Ganesh.

• 4. Re: Notification on worklog update
                Andrew Turner

Suresh,

Do you have some more detailed instructions regarding the steps taken to create this custom workflow? I was attempting to follow the steps you submitted, but I believe I have made many mistakes along the way. I am definitely new to custom-building notification workflow, and I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 5. Re: Notification on worklog update

Rock,

This is entirely possible.  We've created workflow to notify the Assignee of a ticket when a worklog has been updated.  This is similar to your situation, so I think the examples below will help you figure out how to notify the Incident Owner.  You will need to modify the Run If Qualification specific to your needs, such as something like: ('Owner' != $USER$) AND ('z1D Summary' != $NULL$) AND ('Owner' != $NULL$) AND ('Submit Date' != 'Last Modified Date').  That basically means the Owner will receive an email notification only if the worklog submitter is not the owner him/herself and it's not a brand new ticket submission (because the owner doesn't need a reminder he or she just submitted a ticket).  I think that'll work for you...anyway, here are the steps to notify an assignee:

Step 1.  Create a new Incident Notification Message Tag.  In our example, we named ours, SECU:HPD-INC-WorklogUpdate.  The Notification Message Tag is basically what your email notification will contain.

Step 2.  Create one custom filter to pass your desired information to the Notification Workflow. See screenshots below of the information we pass and how.  It will require two actions: 1.) set specific NT fields on HPD:Help Desk with the values you need, and 2.) use a Call Guide action to activate HPD:INC:NotificationGenerator that will grab these fields and push them to the Notification workflow.  You will notice that we specifically set the 'z1D Notification Message Tag' field with the value of our Notification Message Tag record created in Step 1.

AssigneeNotifyWorklogUpdate01.PNG

AssigneeNotifyWorklogUpdate02.PNG