2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 2:41 AM by R V

Group.addPermission gives error: ...more than one overloaded methods...

R V

Hi all,

I try to set authorizations on different types of BL-groups: DepotGroups, JobGroups, ServerGroups (and maybe more in the future). So I decided to use model-type-ids and the Group.addPermission-method. But executing the script leads to the following message:

Command execution failed. com.bladelogic.cli.factory.CommandNotFoundException: Command : (Group,addPermission) has more than one overloaded methods that match given arguments

Arg [0] : 5001

Arg [1] : /MainGroup

Arg [2] : MyAdminRole

Arg [3] : DepotFolder.Read

Does someone know how I can get rid of this error or why it happens at all?

• 1. Group.addPermission gives error: ...more than one overloaded methods...
          R V

Just to keep you informed: this is a (now) known defect.

I got rid of this message by changing br/xml/cli/Group-Additional.xml (of course after making a backup-copy of this file )

Just deleted the complete complex_command-item with the command_id="addPermissionToGroup-1" (the one with four "java.util.String"-parameters).

This is up to now *NOT* an official workaround - but support is testing if it could be one.

Stay tuned

• 2. Group.addPermission gives error: ...more than one overloaded methods...
            R V

It's still not official but here are the last news from my side. Support told me:

"Internal investigation shows that the change you made will work as long as there is no other command which requires that method. A definite answer can only be given once Engineering looks through the defect and analyses all dependent parts."

There is a defect opened with the following number: QM001692664

So I will set this to answered.