11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 10:25 AM by Krunal Thanki

PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

Share This:

Hi

We have requirement to attach csv file to attachment field dynamically at particular time (escalation). But I am not able to achive this requirement, below are few steps which I already took but didnt work at all.

Try 1) Create escalation with exact timeline with below actions

a) Run Process  - PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT <field ID> "C:\report\report.csv"

Note : I have given field id as attachment pool filed id and attachement id, but both didnt work.

b) Set Filed - Short Description = Attachment saved.

c) Run Process - PERFORM-ACTION-APPLY

Note : I removed this run process but still it didnt work.

Try 2) Create escalation with exact timeline with below actions - Suggested in few discussions

a) Set Field - $PROCESS$ PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT <field ID> "C:\report\report.csv"

Note : I have given field id as attachment pool filed id and attachement id, but both didnt work.

b) Set Filed - Short Description = Attachment saved.

c) Run Process - PERFORM-ACTION-APPLY

Note : I removed this run process but still it didnt work

Try 3) Modified escalation name and kept `! at the end of it to avoid phasing, but no help.

Can someone put light on this issue, I just want to attached csv file through escalation to attachement field.

Environment :

Remedy : 7.1.00 Patch 002

Database : MS SQL 2005

• 1. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation
          Thomas Miskiewicz

How big is the report.csv file? I'm asking, because I once ran into a similar problem trying to attach a file that was empty and it didn't work, because the file was empty.

Since you're running an escalation the Run Process - PERFORM-ACTION-APPLY is obsolete.

• 2. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

Thanks tmiskiew,

size for report.csv is 18.9 KB

• 3. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation
              Thomas Miskiewicz

OK, on my end, it's attaching like crazy.

1. Please make sure, the form is not a Display Only form.

2. Please add Diplay Only Radio Button to your form and save the form.

3. Disable your escalation and Save

4. Build a filter that will fire on Modify. The Run If of the Filter should like like this:

('DB.Radio Button Field' != 'Radio Button Field') AND ('Radio Button Field' != $NULL$)

The filter should only contain one Set Fields action:

Short Description = $PROCESS$ PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT <here comes the field if of you attachment field> "C:\report\report.csv"

Since you're seem to work on windows on try "C:\\report\\report.csv" instead.

Now open the form, enable filter logging, set the radio button and press save.

What does the log file say?

• 4. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

Hey,

I have implemented as stated above, but no luck, below is filter log,

<WFLG> /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:28:19 */
                <WFLG> Workflow Trace Log -- ON
                <WFLG> BMC Remedy User Version 7.1.00
                <FLTR> <TID: 0000005268> <RPC ID: 0000007454> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:28:23.7560 */     Start filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - CREATE on OC:ReportAttachement - <NULL>

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005268> <RPC ID: 0000007454> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:28:23.7560 */     End of filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - CREATE on OC:ReportAttachement - <NULL>

I also tried "C:\\Report\\Report.csv", but

• 5. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation
                  Thomas Miskiewicz

Is this the complete log file?

The filter log shows that you've been creating a record. Since I told you to create a filter that will fire on modify, the creation of a new record will not trigger the filter and will therefore not attach your file.

Now, please open and existing record, set the Radion Button, so that the Radion Button is active and save.

Then find the name of the filter in the log file and show it here what it does.

• 6. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

I did few changes in filter,

1) Added `! at the end

2) Execute on both submit and modify.

Got below filter log,

<WFLG> /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:23 */
                    <WFLG> Workflow Trace Log -- ON
                    <WFLG> BMC Remedy User Version 7.1.00
                    <FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:28.4350 */     Start filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - CREATE on OC:ReportAttachement - <NULL>

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:28.4350 */     Checking "OC:ReportAttachment`!" (500)

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      >    --> Passed -- perform actions

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      >         0: Set Fields

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      >                   PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT 536880912 "C:\Report\Report.csv"

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      >                   Exit code: 0  Value: 0

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      >               Short Description (8) = 0

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005292> <RPC ID: 0000007685> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:28.4350 */     End of filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - CREATE on OC:ReportAttachement - <NULL>

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005268> <RPC ID: 0000007690> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:32.2040 */     Start filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - GET on OC:ReportAttachement - 000000000000011

<FLTR> <TID: 0000005268> <RPC ID: 0000007690> <Queue: Fast      > <Client-RPC: 390620   > <USER: thankik                                      > /* Wed Oct 27 2010 09:38:32.2040 */     End of filter processing (phase 1) -- Operation - GET on OC:ReportAttachement - 000000000000011

• 7. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

I can see file in attachment filed, Thanks a lot.

But how can we do same in escalation ?

• 8. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation
                        Thomas Miskiewicz

But how can we do same in escalation?

Disable the filter, copy the Set fields into your escalation and enable the escalation.

• 9. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

Yep, I did the same, it has restarted AR Server

• 10. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation
                            Thomas Miskiewicz

Does mean it isn't working? Then enable the escalation logging and see what it does.

A quick alternative you can try first would be:

Change your escalation so that the only action is a Set Fields that set the Radio Button Field = 0.

This will set trigger the filter, which is already working.

Don't forget to enable the filter. And make sure the filter fires only on modify, because the On Submit in your filter is obsolete in this case.

• 11. Re: PERFORM-ACTION-ADD-ATTACHMENT with Escalation

It worked the way I wanted.

Thanks tmiskiew, your prompt assistance on this issue is much appriciated.