8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2010 9:49 AM by Jim Campbell

NSH oddities on upgraded AppServer

Jim Campbell

I'm working with a server that was upgraded by someone else from 7.6 to 8.0.  I'm having two problems that are probably easy but I can't figure out:

1) Perl - nobody has used perl on either the original server or the upgraded 8.0 version before but as ActivePerl was installed I assumed it would work.  Perl itself works fine, but the NSH module wasn't installed as specified in the InstallGuide.  I copied nsh.pm to c:\perl\lib and nsh.bs, nsh.dll, nsh.exp, nsh.lib to c:\windows\perl\lib\auto\nsh.  These files were located in the application directory from which Bladelogic is being run (presumably the old directory with upgraded files).  The error I get for any perl script that uses NSH is:

Error Oct 18, 2010 4:30:38 PM Can't load 'c:/Perl/lib/auto/NSH/NSH.dll' for module NSH: load_file:%1 is not a valid Win32 application at c:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 202.

Are these perhaps the wrong versions of the files?  Is there anywhere I could get the most current versions?

2) NSH here - the 'NSH here' custom command from the console doesn't appear to work at all.  No window appears and there are no messages in the application log of any kind.  Is there any other log I could look at?